atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Thornhil Avaya IP Partner - 01/23/16 12:21 AM
Just finished installing a IP Office configured as a Partner (Right after Christmas) Went into files-preferences and unchecked default to standard mode did a save to basic, machine came up and doing what it was meant to do. operate as a basic Partner. It has 2 incoming lines and 4 stations 2 1416 and 2 1408 Ext 10 11 12 13 Last week I get a call machine acting weird. Can make out going calls and receive incoming calls. This is the weird part on sta 10 and 11 displays there is a soft key that says status when I push that key and the down arrow I get memory failure, expansion failure, voice mail failure, voice mail full, voice mail almost full lic service failure and system boot failure. The sd card was seated correctly had two green lights on back of unit. Tried reboot N/G Tried a upgrade N/G The IP shows no alarms and is working just baffled by what appears on the display. Rel is 9.1.0 Any one have any suggestions. Almost sounds like it got stuck in limbo between a Basic and a preferred system in original set up.
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/29/16 04:25 PM
Anyone know where I might be able to get an answer or help on the above situation The company that we got the equipment has no idea whats causing this. Just keeps telling us to do different things and we do what they tell us and nothing seems to work. They are sending a new sd card but the old one test good with the card reader. Thanks Tony
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/29/16 10:19 PM
Tony, IP partner edition is ment to work with Partner Phones. I think that maybe your problem. The 1400 sets are not happy with Partner Edition.
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/30/16 06:23 PM
Hitech, Ive put in a few of these with partner edition and always used 1400 type phones, this is the first time i ran ito this problem. But its the first one with 9.1.5 Thanks
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/30/16 06:37 PM
I've never had luck with them in Partner mode. Just wondering, why do you do that.
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/30/16 07:17 PM
Hitech, we deal with the small end customer that really doesnt need or the BS on the phones It rings pick it up, transfer the call or yell across the romm to pick up line such and such. Ive had good luck so far with the little basic and also if i keep the old sets the customer wants to know why are you changing the brains of the unit I still have the old sets The one thing they like is the idea that that have the ability to have AA and voice mail if they want. Tony
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/30/16 08:02 PM
Basic does that better then Partner
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/30/16 08:02 PM
Unless you use Partner sets you should use Basic
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/31/16 01:30 PM
Hitech, thanks for the input never heard that before guess i'll have to dig a little deeper and see what comes up thanks again Tony
Posted By: hbiss Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/31/16 03:57 PM
I thought Basic was Partner. And Partner should support 1400 series phones.

-Hal
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/31/16 04:53 PM
I agree in the setup it says Basic - Partner or Basic -Nortel and I have been using 1400 sets for some time now with no problems until this install. Thanks
Posted By: Memphisribs Re: Avaya IP Partner - 01/31/16 06:45 PM
Post edited.
This board only allows information that would be for end users in this forum. Any installer type info, needs to be kept in the "Installer" section
Thank you for understanding.
Posted By: Commshark Re: Avaya IP Partner - 02/10/16 05:08 AM
Have you tried recreating the SD in basic and reprogramming?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help