atcomsystems.ca/forum
AVAYA IPO 500 v9.0.316.2 with 5 SIP trunks.

Mobile twinning is set up on 101, so incoming call will ring group 200 (including 101,102,103), as well as an external mobile number.

when we turn twinning on 101, it looks all right at first. After a couple of calls, twinning will stop working, the button shows twinning is still in progress, and when we look at "system status", 2 SIP trunks are still "connected", one is for incoming, the other is for outgoing to twinned mobile.

Called for tech support, they said settings in phone system were right, suggested to upgrade to 9.0.12

Anyone knows why this happens, and any suggestions?
Isn't that a downgrade?

9.0.316. To. 9.0.12

Why would you do that?
the current version is 9.0.316.2, does that mean 9.0.2 build 316?

I was told 9.0.12.0.1006 was the last version in 9.0, as upgrade license required if we upgrade it to 9.1 or 10.0.
I would go to 9.1
Originally Posted by crazyfrog
AVAYA IPO 500 v9.0.316.2 with 5 SIP trunks.

That is a private build, meaning, there was an issue, and a patch was created. i can not check to see if the bug was worked into the next SP or GA build.

BUT, if i were you, i would open a service ticket, as we dont know the ramifications of the private build on your issue.

Also, if the fact that it is using 2 SIP trunks for twinning is an issue, then you might want to upgrade to R10, as they built that into R10. (ability to do a centrex type transfer on SIP, if the provider supports it)
Yesterday, I did more test, phone system would not release SIP trunks after called party hung up. it happened 1 out of 3 or 4 of the calls.
So I think it's not mobile twinning issue, it's actually the SIP trunks not release issue. As they are not released, system think call is still in progress, which makes mobile twinning not working.

So I upgraded firmware from 9.0.3.16 build 2 to 9.0.12.0 build 1006, issue remained when testing outgoing calls. first call to local was all right, SIP trunk was not released with 2nd call to my mobile, no voice with 3rd call.

then I deleted SIP trunks and rebuilt it, problem remains.

tested outgoing calls with analog phone, same issue.

Today we will go back to there and trace the calls with Wireshark, and try to get SIP provider involved.
You did not upgrade, you down graded. Why?
9.0.12.0 is higher than 9.0.3.16
Tommy

He said he has 9 .31.
How is that Lower then. 9.12.

it's 9.0.316.2, should be 9.0.3.16 build 2. smile
Another half day there, we setup wireshark to trace the SIP calls going out/into the phone system.

When SIP trunks were not released, phone system did not receive a BYE request. when we hung up from handset, phone system send a BYE request, but SIP server send back an error 481: Call/Transaction Does Not Exist.

It looks SIP server did not send a BYE request, or phone system did not receive it because of network issue.
It should be a network issue. there is a Cisco router between AVAYA and NBN router, which might discard RTP/RTCP packets sometime.

It looks the issue is gone after bypass the Cisco router.
I think you should listen to Mongos advise.
1 open a ticket
2. Upgrade to R10

I have found no problems with SIP and R10
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help