atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telecom guy10 Merlin Mail 007 - 01/10/17 05:59 AM
Guys,

I felt like using the old Merlin BIS phones again, so I set up one of my old Legend systems in my condo. It has the MLM 007 6 port integrated voicemail card. Everything is set up properly with cover groups, hunt group 770... the works. I can dial the voicemail system just fine.

For the life of me, I can't get into the system administrator mailbox. I know it's mailbox 9997, and the default password works, but Merlin Mary tells me to go to hell if I hit 9 to try to access the next level of administration (you know, where you type the other default password for the advanced stuff like auto attendant and mailboxes?).

She just says "Option not understood."

What am I doing wrong here? I have been Googling for hours and I'm getting pretty frustrated, to say the least. I don't remember this being an issue in the past. This is super simple stuff.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Scott
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Merlin Mail 007 - 01/10/17 04:16 PM
The system administrator's functionality can be moved from 9997 to another mailbox. Connect via the serial port and the report will give you the system admin mailbox number.
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: Merlin Mail 007 - 01/13/17 08:56 PM
That was the next thing I was going to try--the serial port. Just waiting on my adapter for the RS-232 gender to arrive... it is taking an extremely long time. Is there another way to reset the module besides through the serial port?

Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: Merlin Mail 007 - 01/18/17 06:15 AM
My adapter arrived and I used my IBM 3151 serial terminal to get in. Turns out the admin voicemail box was extension 101, and it had an easy password. Thanks TTT!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help