atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: reidtel Avaya bankruptcy - 03/01/17 01:24 AM
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but does anyone know how the Chapter 11 filing by Avaya will affect BP's, those that service Avaya systems and customer confidence? I have a few customers who are interested in upgrading their Partners and Merlins but are concerned about what the future is for Avaya. Competitors and IT folks are pitching this to them. Are any of you dealing with the same apprehensions from prospective customers?
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya bankruptcy - 03/01/17 03:37 AM
Yes, clearly this is a issue. On there move to a software company, that probably will mean a end to IP Office as we know it. I've stop suggesting IP Office to customers.
Posted By: reidtel Re: Avaya bankruptcy - 03/01/17 03:47 AM
That's not good to hear. I wonder what's going to happen with us BPs. So what systems are you proposing?
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya bankruptcy - 03/01/17 03:18 PM
We do a lot of Hosted. Also Panasonic and offering more Refurbed Partner and Magix if they are looking to go cheap.
But now the trend is to Hosted
Also still researching 1 or 2 other systems. XBlue is also still there.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Avaya bankruptcy - 03/01/17 04:04 PM
Talk to your local CAM or TAM. They have better info than I.

Basically, this is a cash for equity scenario. Avaya publishes its financials, and the last few quarters look good. Record EBITDA, etc. There is cash on hand, and it still keeps coming in.

Unlike Nortel, who was not generating cash, Avaya is.

We could say nothing will get sold off, which is the plan. But it is in a judges hands at this point. So anything could happen in the next 4-6 months (how long the process is projected to take)
Posted By: reidtel Re: Avaya bankruptcy - 03/01/17 09:36 PM
Thanks guys. I'll keep my eye on what's evolving. We are looking to get into hosted solutions also. I appreciate your feedback.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Avaya bankruptcy - 03/01/17 11:47 PM
Avaya has Hosted, usually through your distributer.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Avaya bankruptcy - 03/03/17 05:03 PM
You, as a partner can sell hosted through Avaya/Google (OnAvaya) or you can host in your own datacenter (Powered By IP Office)

Both are Opex to you the partner and in turn the customer.

The benefit of the Distributor led offers:
they handle the billing to the end customer for you
they usually include trunking

In either solution, you (the partner) are the first line of defense with trouble tickets, etc. All Hosted IP Office options include IPOSS, so you always have AVaya as a backup for issues.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help