atcomsystems.ca/forum
I got LUADS door phone but could not figure out how to connect it to my IP Office 500 v2 9.0. Any idea where to find the instructions?
Try this
If I remember correctly the LUUDS connects to a co trunk port on the avaya phone system and the LUADS connects to an analog port ext. You'll need to have an available analog station port on a combo card or an analog phone module. If it only needs to ring phones then setup the short code to dial the hunt group. If you are opening a door lock then you'll need a door controller.

Is this basic or essential, I've had problems with setting up analog station door phones on basic system. For example when you press the call button, the inside phones will keep ringing after the call has disconnected.
Originally Posted by JBean3329

Thanks, the manual does not say much.
Originally Posted by Commshark
If I remember correctly the LUUDS connects to a co trunk port on the avaya phone system and the LUADS connects to an analog port ext. You'll need to have an available analog station port on a combo card or an analog phone module. If it only needs to ring phones then setup the short code to dial the hunt group. If you are opening a door lock then you'll need a door controller.

Is this basic or essential, I've had problems with setting up analog station door phones on basic system. For example when you press the call button, the inside phones will keep ringing after the call has disconnected.

Many thanks Commshark, I'm no expert but I will do my best.
Originally Posted by Othman
I got LUADS door phone but could not figure out how to connect it to my IP Office 500 v2 9.0. Any idea where to find the instructions?
That doorphone predates the IPO by decades so you aren't going to find instructions because the IPO wasn't invented yet. It was meant to be used with the Partner system which had feature provisions for it's use. The IPO has no such provisions so, like anything with that piece of junk, you have to jump through hoops to get it do something.

You would be better off with a doorphone from Valcom or Viking that will work directly with an analog trunk port.

-Hal
Of the more recent AT&T/Lucent/Avaya SMB systems on the market, only the Partner had provisions for LUADS. Even the Merlin Legend and Magix did not directly support them (though it is possible by using a combination of a loop around and hotline designation). Even then, it is still a bit of a compromise.
Well, JBean linked to the correct manual, which pretty clearly tells you what you need to do to make it work with an IP Office:

Use an analogue station port, set it to IVR, and make it hotline dial the destination you want the door calls to ring to.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help