atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ffej010 selling IPO - 11/18/17 07:24 PM
Quoting a new system for a prospective customer. 36 stations and 6 lines. Quoted as preferred edition. Customer is hesitant, as they prefer to have the actual line appearances, have hold instead of Park keys, etc. It's not like their "old" system. No matter how hard I try to explain how the system operates, they still seem confused. Do others run into the same customer resistance?

I'm going up against an NEC quote that of course, has line appearances and operates more like what they have. But they like the "looks" of the 9508 phones better. Not sure if it'll be enough to convince them though...
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: selling IPO - 11/20/17 12:58 AM
IPOffice has line apperance
Do it all the time.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: selling IPO - 11/20/17 04:46 AM
You can only have 10 line appearance buttons on a system.
With 10.1, Avaya introduced MADN, which could be used to "emulate" key system. AND you can have MADN on up to 30 stations...not 36 though...but hopefully that will get you there
Posted By: ffej010 Re: selling IPO - 11/20/17 03:59 PM
Using MADN, do you still have to program distinct Park Orbits/Keys, or are you able to "hold" a call and pick it up on another extension?

Would I be better off using Partner Mode?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: selling IPO - 11/20/17 04:24 PM
MADN, is similar to bridged call appearance. if set as MADN single, will show just like a trunk appearance would. so no park needed, can use hold.
But as i am thinking this out now...MADN was designed for digital trunks to emulate Key system. i have played with the feature, with SIP and PRI, but never POTS lines. And i dont think that you can give a station, trunk ownership with POTS lines...
MADN might NOT be the best solution.

Before admitting defeat (basic Mode) i would take 1 more run at customer. Maybe a compromise. We can do trunk appearance on 10 phones. Maybe that would work...
If not, you will probably be doing Basic Mode.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: selling IPO - 11/22/17 05:02 AM
Thanks for the information. Good to know. Been playing around with this and meeting customer again tomorrow.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help