atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: twinlava outbound CID - 01/29/18 04:42 PM
I have an Avaya IPO 9.1.5.0 system that I have configured with several 9608 remote IP phones. I would like to send these phones to a different state for some users to use. Is there anyway to configure the outbound CID to show up as their local number instead of my corporate number?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: outbound CID - 01/29/18 05:04 PM
Do you own the local number?
What type of trunk is it? POTS, PRI, SIP?
What type of trunks do you use for outgoing?
Posted By: twinlava Re: outbound CID - 01/29/18 07:46 PM
We own the local number. Inbound and outbound calls are on a PRI.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: outbound CID - 01/29/18 10:58 PM
If you look at your ARS table, it should have a code with "s1112223333" where the 1112223333 is your main number.
That is telling the system to send 1112223333 as outbound caller id.
Create a new ARS table, copy everything from it, but where it sends your main number, (the s1112223333) change it to be the desired Caller ID say "s7778889999".
Then you can go into those users and create a user short code for whatever you use to access dialtone (9?) and direct to the new ARS table.

So user Matt might have their user short code 9/Dial/Line group 0/ARS Table 51. they dial 9, calls go out that new ars where you tell it to send something else, and bam...you dun!
Posted By: dans Re: outbound CID - 01/30/18 03:10 PM
I could me wrong but I believe the out of state IP phones will not be able to show their local numbers when placing calls. The only numbers that can show up on outbound calls are the ones in the block of DID's their Teleco provides at the home office.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: outbound CID - 01/31/18 05:56 AM
All depends on the telco provider and the service. Some providers will only let you send out numbers that you own and are also coming in as DID's. Others will open it up so you can send any number you want (helpful for Twinning, to present the original CID to the person receiving the Twinned call)

I work with a SIP provider that makes it super simple. You can port any number to their service, they don't have to be in the same area code or prefix. Configure E911 on the CID you want to send out for 911. So with multiple ARS tables, you can send a local number with the correct address for the remote phones, and emergency services will show up at the right address.
Posted By: dans Re: outbound CID - 01/31/18 01:47 PM
The down side of this, scammers can easily use any ones number and they are doing it.
Posted By: twinlava Re: outbound CID - 02/08/18 08:57 PM
Thanks for the help from everyone. I took all the comments put them together and got it to work.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help