atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jsaad Lines on hold - 10/09/18 02:15 AM
I have a Partner R6 and each morning the customer comes in and finds outside lines on hold. Sometimes all lines 1-3, sometimes just line 1. There is a 308EC card and a 2 slot carrier. Their concern is they miss calls until they release the lines. Service is from Verizon fios. no voicemail in the system

I set up a busy lamp on a two 18 button phones but don't see any extensions off hook except for actual phones.

About 5 months ago we put in a whozz calling unit and they believe the lines are going on hold since that unit was put in.
Posted By: dexman Re: Lines on hold - 10/09/18 02:22 AM
With no auto attendant/voicemail/answering machines the Partner has no way to seize lines.

If the whozz calling unit is removed (even temporarily), does the problem go away? Also, is Verizon sending a proper disconnect to indicate that a caller has hung up? eh
Posted By: hbiss Re: Lines on hold - 10/09/18 03:01 AM
Well then, the most logical thing to do is disconnect the CID unit to see if the problem goes away. But I'm wondering how it could be at fault. Isn't it bridged across each line before the system?

Back in the day, if you picked up an idle line and put it on hold the TELCO would send a disconnect before starting the off-hook yeller. They don't do that anymore. So if the Partner system picked up a line and put it on hold it would remain on hold indefinitely. I have seen bad phones do this kind of thing.

-Hal
Posted By: jsaad Re: Lines on hold - 10/09/18 12:44 PM
We disconnected the whozz calling for a couple of days, no change, lines still go on hold all night. customer really likes the whozz calling. yes it is bridged across the lines. whozz calling support is telling me to put the unit in series with the phone lines and run the dialtone through the whozz calling into the partner. They say it's a line voltage issue. I don't like that idea and I am trying to find some other solution. A bad phone sounds good to me.

Posted By: Daniel Re: Lines on hold - 10/09/18 01:03 PM
I am not familiar with whozz calling. But based on some wild guesses I assume it logs caller ID. Couldn't you just check the whozz calling device and see if there were incoming calls after hours? Then you could see if it's one number, or set of numbers calling in that are causing the lines to get tied up.
Posted By: jsaad Re: Lines on hold - 10/09/18 02:18 PM
excellent idea!
Posted By: dans Re: Lines on hold - 10/09/18 03:31 PM
Have you tested during the day by calling in and telling the employees not to answer?
Posted By: skip555 Re: Lines on hold - 10/10/18 09:17 PM
Like dan's said go on site ,call in don't answer and see what happens . grab a line , put it on hold and see if it drops or stays on hold
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help