atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel partner squeal - 04/30/19 04:07 AM
did a service call on a partner system and they told me ext 10 and 12 start to squeal from time to time. they have to unplug the phone to get it to stop and then plug it back in. i never had this happen before. does it sound more like a station card or a processor. thanks. dave
Posted By: dexman Re: partner squeal - 04/30/19 08:28 AM
Could also indicate a feedback problem, especially if the microphones on the extensions are always active.
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner squeal - 04/30/19 04:43 PM
Unless you have a very old Partner (Partner plus or Partner II) extension 10 and 12 are on the processor. I would swap some phones around to see what happens. Easiest way to see if it's a phone. If not, then I would look at replacing the expansion mod. or ACS, whatever the case.

-Hal
Posted By: davetel Re: partner squeal - 04/30/19 06:42 PM
no the mics are off and it is an old processor. not an acs. they have had some other trouble with line one-worked perfect when i was there. i changed it with line two so they can let me know if the problem stays at port one. so i may need to replace the 206 card anyway. an acs would be a good idea. i think i will mention that.
Posted By: dexman Re: partner squeal - 04/30/19 07:24 PM
The R8 is the final ACS release. Couple that to an R7 Avaya Partner Messaging and they should be good to go. smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help