atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Brian A Magix SMDR retrieval - 05/22/19 01:54 AM
I am fairly confidant that I already know the answer to this but I told my customer that I would check with the experts before I told them 100% no.

Does the Magix platform pool SMDR information even though we don't have it turned on and dumping to any call management software?

It's a physicians clinic that has a legal issue with a nurse.

Thanks guys for any input!!
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Magix SMDR retrieval - 05/22/19 03:32 AM
You are probably correct in your assumption. The only SMDR I have ever worked with spit it out of the RS-232 to a printer.

I have heard of software application that allows the collection and analysis of calling group call information via a PC running Windows, but I don't know what's involved with making something like that to work on your system. Someone with a deeper knowledge base will have a more definitive answer.
Posted By: Brian A Re: Magix SMDR retrieval - 05/22/19 09:38 AM
I have dumped it to a printer and a windows program successfully.
Mainly curious if I can retrieve call data from the system even though I don't currently retrieve SMDR.
Posted By: upstateny Re: Magix SMDR retrieval - 05/22/19 12:39 PM
I'm almost positive that you can't go back and get any historical data. It just spits it out in real time which as you say you can dump to a printer or send to a pc/software which then stores it and allows you to access for reports etc.

Send Touch Tone Tommy a message - i'm sure he can answer it definitively.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Magix SMDR retrieval - 05/22/19 03:31 PM

There is a small buffer for call records, when you first connect to the SMDR port it will spit out the last 100 calls and then it is real time from there. I'm sure the call in question is long gone by now.

AVAYA MERLIN
PBX LIMITATIONS
100 records queue
15 digits for dialed numbers
Posted By: Brian A Re: Magix SMDR retrieval - 05/22/19 04:29 PM
thanks guys! it is truly appreciated!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help