atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: High Mesa Communications IP office paging - 07/06/19 07:58 PM
Have a new ip office that I am trying to get the paging to work. The older ones I think we used to use a co line for paging, now it says to use a analog port. I set up the port for paging into a Viking PA-15 paging amp. Can't get it work. I put a butt set on the port and nothing. Do I need a transformer? The IP office is an essential version.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: IP office paging - 07/06/19 08:55 PM
Do you have the installation guide?

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/pa-15/#gallery-1
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: IP office paging - 07/06/19 11:29 PM
PA-15 can connect to a TRUNK port if you set the switch to FXO

You can connect to an analogue station port set to IVR if you set the switch to FXS (the functionality is you dial the extension number of the analogue station, it rings one, and the PA-15 answers. Like calling an answering machine)

You can connect to an analogue station port set to paging port if you set the switch to FXS, AND add a Viking AIB-1 board (https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/aib-1/)
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP office paging - 07/08/19 12:14 PM
I always like using an analog station port. When doing so, you really only need a Bogen WMT1A.
That puts 600 ohm on the line to fool the system that there is something connected to the port.

Cheap and easy!
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: IP office paging - 07/09/19 02:20 PM
Thanks guys, I used a bogen wmt1a, but nothing. Will try the other suggestions .
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP office paging - 07/09/19 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by High Mesa Communications
Thanks guys, I used a bogen wmt1a, but nothing. Will try the other suggestions .

Once installed you need to reboot the ip office with it connected
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: IP office paging - 07/19/19 05:19 PM

Did not reboot, but did try the IVR method. With set to IVR the port will not ring as part of a group, so it's not ideal for a all call page but it does work when you call the station direct to make a loud speaker page. May go back in with the bogen and reset the system.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help