atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Commshark AVAYA and Mitel - 08/21/19 01:39 AM
Hello everyone,

Just curious to get everyone’s thoughts on the potential AVAYA Mitel merger. I know the industry is trending to hosted phone systems, but in some situations I still need a premise phone system solution that can operate on the existing copper wiring with digital phones. If IPO goes away I’ll need another option. Just looking for suggestions

Thanks

Posted By: Daniel Re: AVAYA and Mitel - 08/21/19 12:47 PM
Panasonic makes a system that still uses digital phones. I have heard that NEC does as well.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: AVAYA and Mitel - 08/21/19 03:03 PM
hard to say...Avaya and Mitel are competing pretty well at this time. I can see this as a rumor, to disrupt Avaya's final 45 days of their fiscal year...

BUT, reading some of the articles out there alot of them say that if anyone is going to compete with a Cisco or Microsoft, it would be a merged company of Mitel/Avaya.

IP Office has 675,00 installations since its inception. Yes some of them may have been replaced etc...but that is still a pretty large base. Knowing Mitel has the Interl/Mitel/Shoretel platfoms really throws a depth of uncertainty into the mix. Why keep the other 3 over ipo? Why keep IPO?

Too much speculation to try and rationaloze.

My favorite saying, after being a volunteer firefighter/emt (retired)...You cant start CPR until someone has a heart attack....we will have to wait and see.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: AVAYA and Mitel - 08/21/19 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by mongo5150
You cant start CPR until someone has a heart attack....
Oh yeah...they do it in the movies all the time!

Posted By: hitechcomm Re: AVAYA and Mitel - 08/21/19 08:41 PM
Mitel is pushing their Hosted so hard that I could see them go all Hosted and IPO as there hardware offering. That would be a very good solution.
Posted By: hbiss Re: AVAYA and Mitel - 08/21/19 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by hitechcomm
Mitel is pushing their Hosted so hard that I could see them go all Hosted and IPO as there hardware offering. That would be a very good solution.

Sounds like somebody would be shooting themselves in the foot. Hosted providers consider on-site systems competition and vice versa. When something like this happens it's usually one taking over the other to put them out of business and get their customer base. Since hosted is where this industry is headed and on-site systems are going the way of the buggy whip, why would they want to keep the IPO?

-Hal
Posted By: Commshark Re: AVAYA and Mitel - 08/22/19 03:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, guess I’ll just have to wait to see what happens with AVAYA
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help