atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bditech IP Office loud ringing paging - 09/29/19 05:31 PM
I Want to put in a new Avaya IPO Basic at a place that has a Valcom 2001A They want to keep the ringing and paging the way it is. Is there a interface I would need or can it work with out one? If so how

Thanks
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: IP Office loud ringing paging - 09/29/19 07:11 PM
You can designate a single line station port as a loudspeaker paging port, connect that to Tip and Ring page on the Valcom

Another single line station port can provide the ringing voltage for UNA Ringing over paging.

Are you SURE you want to put this in as Basic mode? Essential license is not that much, and adds so much more functionality!
Posted By: hbiss Re: IP Office loud ringing paging - 09/29/19 07:12 PM
For paging it can connect to an analog trunk or station port, same way as it probably is connected to the old system. Question is how are they doing the contact closure for the ringing on the old system?

-Hal
Posted By: bditech Re: IP Office loud ringing paging - 09/30/19 04:34 PM
Thank you both
Touch Tone it is a small tire company. 3 lines and 5 phones
Hal it works on contact closer shorting when it rings
Posted By: hbiss Re: IP Office loud ringing paging - 09/30/19 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by bditech
Hal it works on contact closer shorting when it rings

I get that, but it's unlikely the system (unless it's a 1A2) will provide that contact closure. So there's likely a relay that senses ring voltage and closes it's contacts between the system and the Valcom.

-Hal
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: IP Office loud ringing paging - 09/30/19 07:20 PM
If I can quote myself.....

Another single line station port can provide the ringing voltage for UNA Ringing over paging.
Posted By: hbiss Re: IP Office loud ringing paging - 09/30/19 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
If I can quote myself.....

And if I can quote you. blush

Connect the T/R from a single line station port to the UNA Ringing terminals. You don't use the UNA Closure terminals anymore.

(I had to look at the spec sheet to see what Tommy was talking about and see that there is an input for a 90v ringing signal in addition to a contact closure input.)

-Hal
Posted By: bditech Re: IP Office loud ringing paging - 10/01/19 06:34 PM
Thank you all for the help
Posted By: bditech Re: IP Office loud ringing paging - 10/06/19 11:30 AM
well hooked everything up but paging when dialing 70 for page gives me a error message on phone busy membership I think that was what it said and that was with just my test set in the port. Tech support told me to upgrade the system but it wont let me says something like transfer file failed the same when it moved to the next one the check marks are on the right of the file flie is in red. Not real sure why I would need to upgrade new system could it be something else?
Thanks
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: IP Office loud ringing paging - 10/06/19 02:02 PM
You're probably getting the error message on the upgrade because you're using the ADMINISTRATOR password for the upgrade. You need to use the SYSTEM password for that.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help