atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hitechcomm Wireless Speakers - 11/09/19 11:58 PM
Has anyone ever put wireless paging speakers on IP Office. If so what brand.

Thanks
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/10/19 03:51 PM
We've used ALGO products, SIP speakers and paging interfaces with very good luck. Grandstream SIP speakers also work well. Third party SIP device licenses are needed to allow them to connect.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/10/19 07:54 PM
You used them on a Avaya IP Office, digital system ?
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/11/19 03:26 AM
You used them on a Avaya IP Office, digital system ?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/11/19 03:57 PM
IP Office allows connection of both IP and digital devices.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/11/19 07:07 PM
On Essential, Preferred or Server/Server Select
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/11/19 07:17 PM
I am how totally confused. {doesn't take much}. IP Office digital,essential, no IP at all.
How do i connect wireless speakers for paging

Thanks
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/11/19 07:50 PM
Not sure what you mean by "Wireless" speakers...
You can do SIP speakers (Algo) or analog (analog trunk or analog station) port.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/11/19 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by mongo5150
Not sure what you mean by "Wireless" speakers...

Yes, just exactly what do you mean by wireless speakers? Give us an example of what you have in mind and I can offer suggestions. For the record I have never seen wireless paging speakers and can't imagine why one would use them. Not saying that they aren't out there but it's probably cheaper to run wire.

The only advice I can give you is that whatever you find it would connect to your KSU the same way as a wired system.

-Hal
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/11/19 08:34 PM
I've done it with Hosted, hoping I could with IP Office.

Want a speaker not wired to the system, but can be paged through the system. I've never seen this but hoped someone did.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/11/19 11:19 PM
But the speakers ARE wired.

I think your question is whether the IPO can be configured to page through an IP extension. How about something like this:

http://valcom.com/Products/gateways.html

-Hal
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Wireless Speakers - 11/11/19 11:24 PM
You need a way to get audio out of the IP Office and onto the network to be broadcast to the speakers.

So just like traditional paging, need a Paging interface that can take audio from a loop start trunk port, an analogue station port programmed as a paging port, an analog station port that rings, or an IP device that registers as an IP extension.

Once you have your audio, what is the speaker system that you are using? Bogen? Valcom? Viking? Algo? All of these system are going to have a Gateway that receives your audio and broadcasts it to the speakers. If you are using an IP extension, the gateway might be the same device as your paging interface.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help