atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel partner night service button - 05/05/20 09:06 PM
hello gang. i want to put a night service button on an acs but it seems like the only ext i can use is ext 10. thats not good because that ext has some issues. is it possible to put a night service button on some other extension. thanks. dave.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: partner night service button - 05/05/20 09:27 PM
Nope, 10 is the only extension that can have the Night Service button - sorry
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: partner night service button - 05/05/20 09:47 PM
Swap phones
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: partner night service button - 05/05/20 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by davetel
it seems like the only ext i can use is ext 10. thats not good because that ext has some issues..
So...the issues. Are they with the phone itself, the wiring, the location?
Posted By: davetel Re: partner night service button - 05/06/20 04:06 AM
it is the port. i can use it but it is flakey. it will have to be a phone for night service only, not reliable for making calls. of all the ports to have trouble with.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: partner night service button - 05/06/20 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by davetel
it is the port.
Have you checked the pins on the port for issues: corrosion...spiders...misaligned pins...improper wiring methodology.
Sometimes we get too focused on one part of the problem we cannot see the obvious.
Probably worn out electronics...but you never know.
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner night service button - 05/06/20 04:35 PM
it is the port. i can use it but it is flakey.

I assume you plugged a known good phone from another extension directly into the port using a new line cord? That's the only way to confirm a problem with the port.

What exactly do you mean by "flakey"?

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help