atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Brian A Magix positive telco disconnect - 05/21/20 05:54 PM
I have a magix customer that I have set up remote forwarding of one of the digital stations to an employees' house for ease of remotely transferring calls to them. We couldn't do the centrex forwarding option *33*_______# because they do not have that centrex feature on the telco lines. So we are doing it as a regular transfer #33_____#. This creates an unsupervised bridge on the incoming call and the outbound transferred line. After this call is complete and either or both parties disconnect the 2 lines stay connected. We have to manually disconnect them on the phone system. I have done this successfully several times on other carriers so I am convinced that telco (CenturyLink) is not providing the proper disconnect signalling but they claim that "everything looks good on their end. Are there any options within the Magix that I can control this blind conference bridge and disconnect these lines?
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Magix positive telco disconnect - 05/22/20 02:29 AM
First, your correct, Century Link should and can fix this.
Secondly, there are settings for the Magix. Don't remember what there are.
Maybe someone can jump in.
But get the carrier to fix the problem.

Good luck
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Magix positive telco disconnect - 05/22/20 05:31 AM
Telcos often have everything good in their CO switch to provide disconnect supervision, but they are using pair gain equipment to reach distant areas. Although the open loop signal is sent by the CO, it is not being repeated by the pair gain card(s) due to their individual settings. You can test this with a butt set while monitoring the line when a caller hangs up. If you hear the audible click of the line going open for a half-second, but your polarity light doesn't wink during that same time, then it's definitely the pair gain settings. Good luck in getting them to admit this, but it happens frequently with ALL service providers and ALL switches.
Posted By: Brian A Re: Magix positive telco disconnect - 05/23/20 03:06 AM
Very grateful that you guys could confirm my thoughts on this. I have a conference bridge set up with an engineering group at CenturyLink next Tuesday. Wish me luck.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Magix positive telco disconnect - 05/24/20 03:02 AM
Have them have a tech on site or you lose
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help