atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DonaldR BT1/FastCap Lucent Partner 206E - 07/24/20 12:53 PM
Can anyone tell me the purpose of BT1 from which I was able to decipher from the p/n on the unit is actually a fast capacitor.

It appears to be a GC5.5V..... however I cannot make out the value in capacitance. I've only been able to find a replacement with a value of 0.22F.

It appears that the original may not be the same capacitance, however I cannot read all of the p/n as the print is very small even with his resolution images.

The part is circled.

lucentpartner206E-R4,1 PWB

Thanks
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: BT1/FastCap Lucent Partner 206E - 07/24/20 03:08 PM
It looks like a battery. whats the problem
Posted By: DonaldR Re: BT1/FastCap Lucent Partner 206E - 07/25/20 05:13 AM
No problem as of yet.....

This system was given to me by a manufacturer I do warranty service for. I received the modules last week, and the cabinet with the extension tel-sets are due to arrive on Monday.

I've been pulling the modules apart to make sure nothing looks as it's running on a "ragged edge" as well as cleaning out some spider webs, of which I found a few.

I was curious to know what the function of this fast capacitor/super capacitor was. Does it keep the extension assignments in some sort of cmos memory during voltage drop outs etc. I believe on average a fast cap will full discharge after about 30 minutes (give or take).

After looking at the other 206E module I was able to completely verify the part number (the print was a bit clearer) as a Matsushita/Panasonic branded GC5.5V 1.0F.

Seems from examination of the close-ups one of them may be leaking a little.

According to the datasheet I found they are rated at 1000hrs. I am sure these units have many more hours than 1K on them.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help