atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: upstateny Doorphone programming options? - 08/24/20 04:49 PM
So i got a call from one of my old customers who bought a system for their home and have two doorphones.

I searched through the manual but figured i would ask here as well. Is there any option to have the doorphone keep ringing or is it just the initial ding dong?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Doorphone programming options? - 08/24/20 05:01 PM
What system? Partner? None other than replacing the doorphones with ones that connect to a trunk port and will act like any incoming call. Check Viking.

-Hal
Posted By: upstateny Re: Doorphone programming options? - 08/24/20 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by hbiss
What system? Partner? None other than replacing the doorphones with ones that connect to a trunk port and will act like any incoming call. Check Viking.

-Hal

I'm clearly a bit rusty! It's an ACS and i went over initially for multiple issues which all turned out to be nothing and somehow the Doorphone programming came up. Somehow he thought i had told him it could keep ringing.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Doorphone programming options? - 08/24/20 05:39 PM
Instead of programming as a door phone, you could make it a hotline station, with a calling group as the destination. The call would ring until answered or the door phone times out.

I've done stupid things like make the destination an extension looped to a CO port, taken the CO port out of Auto Line Select and given it a unique ring tone.
Posted By: dexman Re: Doorphone programming options? - 08/24/20 09:00 PM
What TTT describes is how I am able to connect two Avaya door phones to my church's Merlin Magix. smile
Posted By: hbiss Re: Doorphone programming options? - 08/26/20 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
I've done stupid things like make the destination an extension looped to a CO port, taken the CO port out of Auto Line Select and given it a unique ring tone.

Not so stupid. That's a good workaround (if you have the spare trunk and extension ports) so that you can know which doorphone is calling using the existing doorphones instead of replacing them with ones that will work directly with trunk ports. The end result is the same.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help