atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gary S. ACS 6 button phones. - 08/26/20 04:29 PM
Customer has several 6 button phones, all buttons are in use, wants to use DND . I tied to program from ext 10 to use DND on another ext error sound.
Is there a way to do this. I said i can sell then 18 b phones .
Thanks Gary S.
Posted By: dexman Re: ACS 6 button phones. - 08/26/20 06:55 PM
6 button phones are limited in functionality based on the number of buttons they offer. Switch out an existing function if the customer is willing to allow it, or, upgrade to 18Ds.
Posted By: hbiss Re: ACS 6 button phones. - 08/26/20 11:22 PM
Don't remember ever doing it but he should be able to do (F)(01) at the extension. Of course there won't be any indication that the extension is in DND.

-Hal
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: ACS 6 button phones. - 08/27/20 02:27 AM
Requires to be programmed on a button with lights, will not work as a feature code alone. If you put an 18 button in place of the 6, enabled DND, and then put the 6 button back, the DND will be disabled again. Just no way to cheat it in place.
Posted By: Gary S. Re: ACS 6 button phones. - 08/27/20 11:12 AM
that is what i told the customer, just wanted another opinion.
Thank you, gary s/
Posted By: Gary S. Re: ACS 6 button phones. - 08/31/20 01:56 PM
Could i not put the 6 button phoes on a co line pool for those ext and key lines for the 18 button phones ?
Thanks gary s.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: ACS 6 button phones. - 08/31/20 03:18 PM
Absolutely - put the system in Pool mode, put the lines into pool, the phones get 2 Pool 880 buttons, freeing up 2 buttons, 1 of which to use for DND.

Back up the system first, as when you go to pool mode, ALL phones except Ext. 10 will be pooled. You can then do a copy #399-10-11, 12, 13, 14, etc. skipping the extensions that should be pooled.

Make sure the customer is cool with using Intercom codes to pick up calls on hold, and parking at the pooled extensions for retrieval elsewhere.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help