atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: High Mesa Communications IP Office and remote users - 11/11/20 08:59 PM
I have a new installation that will require 10 remote users,5 at 2 different locations. Is there a limit to how many remote users you can have?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office and remote users - 11/11/20 09:06 PM
For free, you can have 4 on each IP500. Past that, you can license the users with power user, which includes remote worker.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: IP Office and remote users - 11/11/20 10:22 PM
Or set up site to site VPNs, the 2 sites will have different subnets from each other and from the main site, the phones will connect without any special licensing
Is that over and above the seat license? How hard is setting up a VPN between sites?
Oh, I forgot there is only one control unit, the phones there will be digital.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: IP Office and remote users - 11/17/20 03:27 AM
I think remote users need IP phones
Yes the 10 remote users will have ip phones, but there will be no control unit at those 2 locations
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office and remote users - 11/17/20 04:18 PM
If J sereies phones, you would need to set up either an SBC or SIP remote worker functionality.
If 96xx sets, you can use VPN for them...

SBC is the safest way, but there is a cost.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: IP Office and remote users - 11/17/20 04:26 PM
Again, site to site VPN so that each site is a separate subnet, the phones are now routable without going through the open Internet. No SBC, no remote worker, no extra licensing.
The problem with setting up the VPN is their computer guy is pissed that they did not chose the phone system that he was hawking, so I'm not looking for a lot of help with modifying his network.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: IP Office and remote users - 11/17/20 07:08 PM
Of course he was offering Hosted. Much easier for remote sites.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help