atcomsystems.ca/forum
customer wants to record calls on the ip office. They have sip trunks and i noticed a tab under the incoming routing that says "record". Or is there a 3rd party provider?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: ip office and recording calls - 02/10/21 04:27 AM
IP Office can record the calls, with Voicemail Pro, Manually or automagically...

The system would need the preferred EditionLicense (Voicemail Pro).
That would allow recording...and have the recordings sent to a user mailbox. With high volume recordings, not a good viable solution for the retrieval of said recordings.

For that reason there is a Media Manager license as well. This allows a web based tool to access the recordings and search for caller, a user involved on the call or other info...

So yes, it is possible with the IP Office, but will be a bit of setup and licensing to enable it.
Sounds like the ticket. they only want to monitor 4 extensions.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: ip office and recording calls - 02/10/21 04:32 PM
There is also Chronicall with Recording Library, which will give you call reports, storage of the recordings, and links the recordings to the call records. Requires a server and additional licensing.
I'm being told that I just need a vm pro license and a computer to record the calls on. What does the media manager license do for me? Also that 3rd party recording devices don't work well with SIP trunks.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: ip office and recording calls - 02/14/21 08:59 AM
That just gives you Matt's first scenario - recordings into a mailbox (which can be forwarded via voicemail to emal) but no way to really sort the recordings or correlate them with calls. When the supervisor needs to find a recording of a call a particular agent had with a certain outside caller, good luck finding it.
So what are you saying, better to go with other alternatives, 3rd party?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help