atcomsystems.ca/forum
new installation - ip office BASIC. is there any way to answer calling group calls that are not answered using a specific mailbox? Also how do check another mailbox messages from other phones.
Checking another mailbox dial Intercom 778 instead of 777.
Don't know of a way to cover a calling group to a mailbox on Basic
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP office and routing calling groups - 03/02/21 01:38 PM
For the cost of another phone...you can get to Essential Edition...and not mess with Basic...(my suggestion)
Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking with the basic version, might go to essential. Did not know or forgot about the 778.
More problems with this install. It seems that whenever I try to do a call pickup I connect but can't hear the other caller. the worst is if the calls go through the auto attn. Right now all calls are answered by AA then most calls are routed to single phone that rings, others in the group try to pick up the call but can't hear the caller. the caller CAN hear them. very strange.. Any help???
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: IP office and routing calling groups - 03/03/21 10:01 PM
Have you tested the CO lines. And are they pots , digital or SIP
That was my first thought. They are digital coming through an adtran that converts to individual line. Is there a particular setting that needs to be checked??
Have you confirmed that the ringing phone DOES have 2-way audio when answering that call that is transferred from the AA, and that only using the Group Pickup to pull the call to another extension does NOT have 2-way audio? Because that's a really weird symptom.

Change the ICR to go directly to the group, bypassing the AA. Confirm again if the ringing phone has 2-way, and group pickup does not.
Seems to be only on transferred or call pickup calls that come through an intercom path. When the AA is not in the mix, they can use the call pickup, but if they answer the call, then transfer it to another extension they can't hear the caller.
What release, what kind of phones? J series had an issue on early R11 with no audio on transferred calls. Put the no audio call on hold or park and pick it back up and the audio would be there.
the release is 11.01 on the software, had to download new manager software on my computer. The phones are all 9508s. What you describe the putting on hold and picking it back up is exactly what is happening. Any Fix?
It's the newest release 11.0.1, had to upgrade my manager software. The phones are 9508's. What you describe is what is happening. Is there any fix??
No, 9508's are digital phones, and J100's are IP

The latest 11.0 release is Feature Pack 4 Service Pack 5 (11.0.4.5.0 Build 3)
Never the less, that is what is happening. If you try to pick up the call you can't hear caller. You select the line, press hold then select the line again and now you can hear. So the known problem you are referring to was only with IP phones?
IP Office: J100 Series Phones Have No Audio If Transferred Unsupervised

Doc ID SOLN331241
Version: 25.0
Published date: 18 Oct 2019
Created Date: 01 Nov 2018
Author:
jcybyske

Details
IP Office 11.0 SP1, SP2, FP 4

J139, J169 and J179
Does not apply to J129.

Problem Clarification
Blind transfer to J100 series phones have one-way speech or no speech ( internal or external calls ).

Putting the call on/off hold restores speech both ways,

Case2: One way audio on Jseries phones when SRTP is enabled and re-invite is received from service provider.

Cause
Software defect with 11.0 using J100 SIP phones.

Solution
CP available for 11.0 SP1 (11.0.0.1.33 build 1), 11.0 SP2 (11.0.0.2.15 build 1), and 11.0 FP4 (ipoffice-11.0.4004 build 1) resolves issue investigated in JIRA IPOFFICE-145484, IPOFFICE-145429, IPOFFICE-144883:
just got release 11.1.2.0.0.14 hope that fixes it!
oops. mis-typed release 11.1.0.2.0 build 14
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help