atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mercenary Roadie IP Office 500 V2 crash - 05/07/21 08:24 AM
I was called out to a site today that had all of their phones go dark on them.

The first thing I saw was the controller's 3-front panel LEDs were flashing orange. I did a quick power cycle and when it came back up the CPU LED was a steady green with the system SD and optional SD off, after a couple of seconds all three would blink orange for a second and them back to the CPU LED showing green and the other two off. This continued with no end.

I haven't been able to find anything that comes close to explaining what the LEDs flashing like that mean.

Does anybody have any ideas?

They are sending out a new controller to replace this one, but I was wondering if something else is causing this
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: IP Office 500 V2 crash - 05/07/21 12:16 PM
Assuming its your customer and you have it backed up, them i would reset the unit and up load to backup.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: IP Office 500 V2 crash - 05/07/21 12:50 PM
What did System Status say? Possibly that the unit was running on backup firmware, which would mean that the SD card got corrupt..
Since a new box is coming, i would also use MANAGER and rebuild the SD card, to be safe.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: IP Office 500 V2 crash - 05/07/21 07:58 PM
Here's your guide to the LEDs and their meanings:
http://www.touchtonetommy.com/Files/Checking%20the%20LEDs.pdf
Posted By: Mercenary Roadie Re: IP Office 500 V2 crash - 05/07/21 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by hitechcomm
Assuming its your customer and you have it backed up, them i would reset the unit and up load to backup.

They are not my customer so no back-ups and they just told me that they have a team that will install the new controller tomorrow
Posted By: Mercenary Roadie Re: IP Office 500 V2 crash - 05/07/21 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by mongo5150
What did System Status say? Possibly that the unit was running on backup firmware, which would mean that the SD card got corrupt..
Since a new box is coming, i would also use MANAGER and rebuild the SD card, to be safe.

Thanks for the reply, but I was just told that they are sending a different team out tomorrow to do the change out.
Posted By: Mercenary Roadie Re: IP Office 500 V2 crash - 05/07/21 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
Here's your guide to the LEDs and their meanings:
http://www.touchtonetommy.com/Files/Checking%20the%20LEDs.pdf

I found that LED guide, but it doesn't cover the LED sequence that I was seeing.

It turns out the people who had me go out are going to send a different team to do the change out tomorrow.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help