atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JustSittingHere Partner ACS 509 R8 PC Connection - 05/26/22 09:26 PM
Good afternoon everyone. I have an ACS 509R8 that I'm trying to access by PC over the Admin port.

I've set the remote password.

I have a new install of Win 7 Professional, 32-bit with the PL2303 Serial-USB drivers installed. It does see it as a comm port (Comm 2). Settings are 9600/8/N/1.

I have Avaya PC Administration 8.0.0.4 installed and it does run. I can connect to the ACS and it comes back with the Enter Password box.

The problem I'm having - it doesn't do anything with the password. It eventually times out.

I'm using a Cat-5 cable that checks out ok. The RJ-45 to DB-9, probably ok. I know. It was made back in the day and I no longer have the pinout diagram to check it. I'm pretty sure I used it back in the Win XP/7 days to connect to the ACS.

I'm hoping someone can lend some insight into what might be going on.

Thank you.

Jim
Posted By: Andyreed Re: Partner ACS 509 R8 PC Connection - 06/03/22 04:03 PM
I don't remember if the programming software asks for your password before or after it attempts to connect. So it's possible that you're not actually connected. IIRC you should either get a bad password message or a successfully connected message, so I'm guessing your PC isn't really talking to the ACS, so your cable/DB9 adapter is likely the culprit.

If you don't have a 355AF adapter handy here's the pinout:

DB9 to RJ45 Pinout

rj-45
PIN 1 ORANGE 2 CD
PIN 2 GREEN 5 RD
PIN 3 YELLOW 6 TD
PIN 4 BLACK 3 DTR
PIN 5 RED 4 SG
PIN 6 BROWN 7 DSR
PIN 7 WHITE 8 RTS
PIN 8 CTS
PIN 9 BLUE 1