atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Chrontel Merlin Legend Program Help - 11/17/22 09:34 PM
Hi All,

My company is downsizing and cost cutting as much as possible during these tough times.

Was hoping someone could guide me in reducing the number of lines from 8 to 4 in my Merlin Legend phone system.

The manual is all dutch to me.

I believe I have to go into port programming? Will I need to remove a card slot?

ATT provides my trunk phone lines, and the next step will be to contact them and disconnect those 4 lines from them.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks all.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Merlin Legend Program Help - 11/18/22 04:12 PM
Don't remove any hardware from the control unit, this would put the port assignments off and screw up the programming. You would remove the unused lines from the pools they are assigned to, and remove the line appearances from any telephone sets. This assumes the system is in PBX mode. Unfortunately, it will probably require a site visit with someone with a laptop running WinSPM software to pull some configuration reports to determine how the lines are currently assigned to make the necessary changes.

Alternative might be to go into Maintenance and busy out the unused trunk ports, so that the system will ignore them.
Posted By: Chrontel Re: Merlin Legend Program Help - 11/21/22 08:37 PM
Thank you so much.

I have the winSPM software.

I have backed up the system.

I will try and figure out the port assignments/busy out the ports under Maintenance.

Cheers, & Happy Thanksgiving
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help