atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jsaad VM Pro request a call back / call queue - 03/17/23 12:47 AM
We have a customer with IPO v7.036 with PRI and VM Pro. Owner would like incoming callers in a queue waiting for agent and the option to request a call back. I said I will check but doubtful. They are not licensed for any call center capability and theirs is an old release.

Could we make a basic hunt group queue with some queue messages? This is for a medical practice's appointments group.
Not possible. If you were to upgrade to current, you could look at Xima Chronicall (or the OEM version ACR).

Xima has the ability to do callback in queue very nicely.

Would be a pretty big lift as you would have to look at hardware, move licenses etc...
Posted By: jsaad Re: VM Pro request a call back / call queue - 03/17/23 02:00 PM
A year ago I rebuilt the VM pro for them and re-installed chronicall. Yes, they do have Xima chronicall for call recording. I know it is out of contract . But it is functioning.
But the caller could jump out of queue and leave a voicemail message that your agents would need to pick up, listen to, and call the caller back manually
Posted By: jsaad Re: VM Pro request a call back / call queue - 03/17/23 06:11 PM
I like that but getting them to diligently return calls will not be easy.

One of the problems with this setup is the chronicall / recording library occupies a VM port to record calls and they only have a 4 port voicemail. As such ports get tied up quickly and then I would think there would be no way for a caller to opt out and leave a message. More ports I suppose is the first step but that is a big ask.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help