atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: shoreline tech Cisco - 06/11/07 12:15 PM
Is there a particular reason why Cisco doesn't have their own sub-forum? I would think there would be enough traffic to support it. Also, their new products will be pushing into much smaller size offices then they have in the past.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Cisco - 06/11/07 12:55 PM
It has been proposed before but with their also being a ton of other manufactuters wanting their own forum we determined that it could get out of hand pretty quick. I get calls and emails from startup VoIP providers and distributors daily and so far containing it under one forum seems to keep the flow of info going and keep it under control.
Posted By: shoreline tech Re: Cisco - 06/11/07 03:14 PM
Hmm, since virtually everything will be Voip based in no time (including the manufacturers that have already converted and have their own forum) it seems like a logical step. I would hardly call Cisco a startup at this point. Shoretel is another that may not be everywhere yet but is starting to dominate a lot of market share. It's not like these are public internet based phone service products.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Cisco - 06/11/07 03:30 PM
I would hardly call Cisco a startup either. That was not what was said. What was said is that all manaufacturers regardless of length of existence would want their own forums. We'd be faced with Cisco, 3Com, 3CX, Allworx, SIPX, SwitchVox, Vonexxus, Shoretel, Sphere, Zultys, Ipitomy etc. with too little if any interest at present. Searching the VoIP forum you'll find very few requests about system specifics..mainly how does each protocol do what and when they do do ask about system specs alot of times it's sales people asking for system weaknesses for competitive bids. Believe me I take out as many VoiP systems as I put in.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Cisco - 06/11/07 05:47 PM
It might also be that Cisco in particular as well as other VoIP products don't exactly get high marks with the experienced telecom people who make up the majority of this board. If you come from an IT leaning you probably have another opinion but consider that you are asking this in a telecom forum not an IT forum.

-Hal
Posted By: shoreline tech Re: Cisco - 06/12/07 10:00 AM
I understand. I won't turn this into a big debate.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Cisco - 06/14/07 09:12 PM
check out www.shoretelforums.com Also Yahoo groups have a couple of forums
Posted By: Mike2841 Re: Cisco - 06/15/07 02:20 PM
Also try this, it has helped me in the last few installs.https://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=Unified_Communications_and_Video_discussion
Posted By: seattle_matt Re: Cisco - 06/22/07 05:56 PM
The only reason I would say a cisco board would be needed, is NOT for their telecom products, but since the majority of VoIP invoives interfacing with Cisco equiptment, it may be helpful to have a dedicated thread for it... allthough the networking thread works, you have to really weed through to find cisco switches/router issues when you have a question regarding the infrastructure (since it crosses over to data)

Just my .01 (didn't think it deserved the full 2 cents.. hah)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help