atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: takxvm Cisco VOIP or Avaya Hybrid Telephones - 02/06/13 09:19 PM
Hi
We are looking into updating our old phone system to either Cisco 2921 with the 6901/6961/7962G telephones or
Avaya IP500 with 9508/0608/9641G telephones. We have approximately 170 users with 2 reception desks. We are a non-profit so money is an issue. Looking for the best bang for the buck that can last about 10 years.
Thank you
Posted By: Wellco Re: Cisco VOIP or Avaya Hybrid Telephones - 02/06/13 10:37 PM
Have you checked out Allworx? Talk about bang for the buck...

allworx.com

...bob...
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Cisco VOIP or Avaya Hybrid Telephones - 02/07/13 12:30 AM
Read the post, The install finally begins, in this section. You will then go with AVAYA
Find a good AVAYA Business Partner and your in good shape
Posted By: upstateny Re: Cisco VOIP or Avaya Hybrid Telephones - 02/07/13 01:14 PM
Make sure you get a good handle on the on ongoing costs ...... Cisco is very expensive to own and maintain.
Posted By: takxvm Re: Cisco VOIP or Avaya Hybrid Telephones - 02/07/13 04:45 PM
Thanks for your input. I know about the Cisco costs. I was a little surprised at reading that post about the nightmares the IT Manager had installing Cisco. Usually, Cisco works very well. We have a Toshiba in another facility and was also looking at that. Eventually, I want to have one system for all of our facilities (we have 7 with all different phone systems). One more question if I can--What is the main difference between VOIP and digital phones? I know you can move the VOIP phone to any location and it will keep the same number but is there a difference in voice clarity and features?
Thanks again
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Cisco VOIP or Avaya Hybrid Telephones - 02/08/13 02:36 AM
I recomend the Avaya IP Office, but to each his own.

The Avaya IP Office is a "True" hybrid meaning it will do anything from analog to IP at the trunk side and the station side.

But the "big" thing is to contact "local" venders in your area and get quotes for a system that will supply your needs by a company that will be there to support you in the future.

Good Luck.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Cisco VOIP or Avaya Hybrid Telephones - 02/08/13 12:57 PM
Like "Mike" said a vendor the is a BP is going to be your best bet...especially if your looking to tie all your offices together down the road..you want someone who can coordinate service for your whole network...and "service" is the key !!!!
The difference between systems is minimal depending on the type of lines you go with standard trunking vs SIP..and features can vary, both will do about anything you want. But like Mike said it's about "service, service, service...these day's !!!"

...bob...
Posted By: Keep Re: Cisco VOIP or Avaya Hybrid Telephones - 02/09/13 02:29 AM
Are all the phones in one location? If so, then the Cisco system may work for you.

I ran into issues wiht the Cisco when I was bringing in the remote locations, for a single site install, personally I would stick with a digital system and leave the VOIP for multi location type installs. Of course it would help if the Cisco system you are sold is actually supposed to work with remote locations.....but that's just me being jaded.

As for call quality, it will depend on your network setup, if your network is not setup to deal with voice traffic, the quality will suffer.

If you have the wiring for a digital system already run you are way ahead in the cost factor. For the VOIP you will need to basically rewire the network, depending on your current setup.

I would also recommend you look into the Allworx, it was a great looking system. We went with the Cisco since the vendor gave us a big price break on the monthly PRI costs. That was our deciding factor.

And whatever you do, make sure you get good reference contacts on installs the company you are looking at has done. Make sure the installs match your type of installation. I talked to a few agencies that used the same company for the install, but their installs were simple single location installs that went without a hitch.

Again check the company you are looking at using, I cannot stress this enough!
Posted By: walterv Re: Cisco VOIP or Avaya Hybrid Telephones - 02/15/13 05:22 PM
I sent you a PM and an Email.
I would like the opportunity to discuss this project and try to get an understanding of your current and future needs. Once we can determine that, then choosing the right solution will be easy for you.
We are a local company on Long Island and have been serving the Tri-State area over 30 years.

Best Regards,
Walter Valentine
Valentine Systems
631-862-1339
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help