atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Hnas61 Hosted Cisco, MOH Options if any - 04/29/14 04:14 PM
I'm in sales/Tech and I was calling potentials and I was asked if it was possible to change the MOH or source. The contact has limited info about system setup, but she knows she has a Hosted CISCO. Here at the office we have a couple of VOIP systems and we at any time can upload music, but I wasn't sure if it was possible for Potential to change music or to even upload. The host has told customer that whats loaded is all that's available. Does anyone know if there's a link that I could forward to customer so they can upload and change music? Or is it a situation where the host is the only one that can do such a task. The customer is very frustrated.
Posted By: upstateny Re: Hosted Cisco, MOH Options if any - 04/30/14 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Hnas61
I'm in sales/Tech and I was calling potentials and I was asked if it was possible to change the MOH or source. The contact has limited info about system setup, but she knows she has a Hosted CISCO. Here at the office we have a couple of VOIP systems and we at any time can upload music, but I wasn't sure if it was possible for Potential to change music or to even upload. The host has told customer that whats loaded is all that's available. Does anyone know if there's a link that I could forward to customer so they can upload and change music? Or is it a situation where the host is the only one that can do such a task. The customer is very frustrated.

I would say if the Host has said it can't be changed then that is your answer. Another thing to keep in mind as we sell against hosted.
Posted By: wsabee Re: Hosted Cisco, MOH Options if any - 05/12/14 07:56 PM
Many hosted providers allow the customer to upload an MP# file to a server so the client can record their own MOH/Advertising. However, they must also be vigilant not to allow any copyrighted material to be broadcast and infringe on ASCAP rules. The Provider could get fined and penalized by ASCAP or the artist for using music without a license.

© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help