atcomsystems.ca/forum
Have 2 different ShoreTel sites where I need to connect a Loop Start trunk connection from a 220T1 to a Valcom paging unit.

I have an analog loop start trunk configured with a trunk access code of 81.

When I dial 81, I get a ShoreTel dialtone expecting more digits. I just want it to open the connection to the Valcom.

I saw some cheat sheets online, but these are not working for me.

Any input or advice appreciated!!!

D
OK, I was bale to get 2 of my 3 connections to the Valcom equipment to work, not sure what is up with the 3rd one but it could be that the two connections that work are connected to a V-2001A paging unit and the non-working location is a V-2000 model. I have checked the inernal battery settings on the Valcom units and they are all set the same way.

Here's the solution I found with Google if anyone needs it:

Hold down ctrl+shift and click on User Name. You will see "Support Entry" in red underneath the login area.

Create an Analog Loop-start Trunk and name it Paging. Although no fields are actually needed, it will require you to enter an access code and local area code in order to save it.

In my case, the Valcom Paging System was assigned an extension of 451 (unfortunately, getting this to work will require you to get some information from the customer. In other words, the extension number used by the paging system). We need to duplicate this extension number as an Off System Extension (451-451) at the bottom of the page.

Add the string ;1G;1I to the custom string field. The first three characters tell the system to wait 1 second after going off hook and presume a connection even if a dial tone is not heard. The second three characters tell the system not to outpulse the off system extension after the trunk is seized.

In director, navigate to the switch that has an open analog port on it that you will connect to the paging system. Set the type as trunk, and then add the Paging trunk that you created.

© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help