atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Hi Numbers No DTMF after connect, IP 7000 - 10/03/11 06:27 PM
Soundstation IP 7000 on an NEC SV8100.
Once connected the phone will not send DTMF tones.
I solved this problem once before by factory defaulting the phone and upgrading the firmware and bootrom file. This time it is not working. I have three phones, and one out of the three is working.
Firmware version on that is SIP V. 3.3.1.049.
The other two have later versions, but they are not working, and I cannot find this particular version.
The earliest release of this SIP I found on the Polycom site is v. 3.3.1.0769, and that is on a phone which does not send DTMF.
One has V. 3.1.3.00933 (the latest) and it does not send DTMF either.
I have tried several different versions now and cannot get the other two to work. On the Polycom site, they only show rev. #s, not specific versions, thus: 3.3.1 rev c or whatever.
Has anyone else had this issue and dealt with it?
Posted By: Hi Numbers Re: No DTMF after connect, IP 7000 - 10/07/11 01:11 PM
I'm going to answer this for anyone else who runs into the same issue in the future. You will have to customize an XTML file to make it work because all the later firmware versions have a setting on the 000000000000.cfg file that needs to be changed: CONFIG_FILES="" is default, and you can make it reference whichever .cfg file you wish. I called my file sip-dtmffix.cfg. To create it, I opened up the sip-interop.cfg file and used the code within <tone> ... </tone>. The critical setting is tone.dtmf.rfc2833Payload="101". Refer to spip_ssip_Admin_Guide_SIP_3_1.pdf, page A-29. While you're at it, check all the settings on page A-28 and A-29 and make sure those appear in your XML config file (sip-dtfmfix.cfg).
Now your 000000000000.cfg file should have a line in it that says CONFIG_FILES="sip-dtmffix.cfg". My new 1k file contains only the settings for tone. You may need to customize your cfg file based on different requirements.
Place both those files on the root of your tftp directory and upload. To make sure the file gets uploaded, on your Polycom, check menu>status>platform>configuration>
scroll down to see configuration files, and you ought to see your file:sip-dtmffix.cfg.
Make a call and test for DTMF.

Your'e welcome.
Posted By: Hi Numbers Re: No DTMF after connect, IP 7000 - 10/07/11 01:37 PM
One more thing...
When you look at the Administrator's guide for the files that are required, you'll see the following listed:
sip.ld
sip.cfg
phone1.cfg
000000000000.cfg
000000000000-directory~.xml
SoundPointIP-dictionary.xml
SoundpointIPWelcome.wav

You will notice that the sip.cfg file does not exist. That is the config file you will edit or create. You can use a file like sip-basic.cfg, and either rename it or use the same name, and reference that in your 00000000000.cfg file.
Posted By: Joe Boudrie Re: No DTMF after connect, IP 7000 - 11/21/11 01:40 PM
I'm having this problem and would like to try this solution, where can I find instructions on how to locate, read and update the xml and cfg files?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help