atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Part Time NEC Guy Polycom Pain.... - 11/29/11 03:12 PM
Greetings. New this board and new to the NEC Phone System. Although I do have about 20 years Avaya Experence. The small company I work for uses a NEC Electra Elite IPK2 for the 10 phones in use. What I am trying to do is set up a Analog Polycom Soundstation 2 speaker phone in the conference room. I have Analog Dial Tone confirmed with my butt set and able to call between the analog extension #601 to the front desk. When I remove the Butt Set and connect the Polycom I get nothing but line static like a motor boat sound. My analog port is off a SLI 8 U10 ETU lot 135C Board in slot 4. To me this should be a slam dunk but wondering if I need to get a Single Line Telephone Adapter. Can anyone please help me. Thank You
Posted By: gelehu Re: Polycom Pain.... - 11/29/11 07:37 PM
Heres something https://www.polycom.com/global/documents/whitepapers/buzz_white_paper_final.pdf
I cant imagine you would need an analog adapter if youve already verified analog DT at the jack
Good luck
Posted By: Part Time NEC Guy Re: Polycom Pain.... - 11/30/11 10:32 AM
I just fixed my issue with the Polycom. I discovered I had analog and digital circuits at the station. When I called from the butset at the station I did not relize I was on the pins 2 & 5 at the jack. The Polycom uses pins 3 & 4 which is where the digital set was active on... Lesson Learned.....double check which pins you are working with...(-:

Thanks for all your help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help