atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sentrex1 sip inbound robo calls - 06/04/20 04:20 PM
i installed 4 vvx 150's and client is complaining that she is getting inbound ip calls,i looked at her cdr and these calls don't appear to be coming in on the did's.
I heard that i have to block inbound sip traffic or something like that to stop these calls and was told its a setting in the actual phone.
any advice ?
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: sip inbound robo calls - 06/04/20 04:52 PM
I don't know if this helps, but the instructions for Grandstream ATA's is:
To Prevent Direct IP calls to your device and only allow calls from our service please enable the following 2 options in your FXS Port Configuration Page.

Check SIP User ID for incoming INVITE - Default is No. Check the incoming SIP User ID in Request URI. If they don’t match, the call will be rejected. If this option is enabled, the device will not be able to make direct IP calls.

Allow Incoming SIP Messages from SIP Proxy Only - Default is No. Check the incoming SIP messages. If they don’t come from the SIP proxy, they will be rejected. If this option is enabled, the device will not be able to make direct IP calls.

Carl
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: sip inbound robo calls - 06/04/20 11:14 PM
Thanks Carl
I don't have those settings in the vvx 150
Posted By: Daniel Re: sip inbound robo calls - 06/08/20 05:23 PM
you could try to block port 5060 and see if that helps, but you might loose functionality.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help