atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teleco Grandstream 6104 Time - 08/07/17 02:17 PM
I'm having trouble keeping the correct time on the UCM. My phones are good. After a boot the time is correct, after an hour the time goes 4 hrs. ahead. NTP server is enabled, server is us.pool.ntp.org I don't understand what options 2 & 42 do but I've played with those setting combinations. In NY and my time zone is eastern. What am I missing? Thanks
Posted By: dexman Re: Grandstream 6104 Time - 08/07/17 03:17 PM
I don't know anything about Aastra systems, so, this is a very general question.

Does the system sync the ToD clock via the time stamp received with Caller ID records? Avaya made a change to the Partner ACS to allow the ToD clock to do just that. Ended up having to create an override in a subsequent release due to alternate service providers were sending the incorrect time stamp for the time zone, thus messing up the displayed time on system phones.
Posted By: teleco Re: Grandstream 6104 Time - 08/08/17 12:50 PM
No. Its using the NTP server.
Posted By: teleco Re: Grandstream 6104 Time - 08/09/17 12:45 AM
A little help would be appreciated.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Grandstream 6104 Time - 08/09/17 01:23 PM
I had a similar issue with my desk phone being 4 hours off, but my Grandstream phone is connected to a 3CX IPPBX. My problem was a configuration issue in a profile. In your case, double check settings in your Global Profiles, model templates and individual phone templates. As you make settings in each, from Global to individual phones, behavior can change, and not always for the better. Generally, it's best to set time config in the Global profile and avoid changing it at the model and extension level. This keeps every extension and device on the same time schedule.
Posted By: teleco Re: Grandstream 6104 Time - 08/16/17 02:37 PM
My phones are keeping the correct time, it's the UMC that is 4 hrs. ahead. When I reset it, it comes back with the right time and then within an hour it goes 4 hrs. ahead.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Grandstream 6104 Time - 08/16/17 11:16 PM
MAke sure your UCM is properly configured for Auto time update. Is your UCM getting an address DHCP, or have you assigned a static address? Maybe the UCM is getting it's time from a poorly/ misconfigured switch or router.
Posted By: teleco Re: Grandstream 6104 Time - 08/18/17 04:36 AM
UCM is DHCP auto update info is in my original post..The phones are getting time from the NTP.server.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Grandstream 6104 Time - 08/18/17 10:12 PM
I'd be happy to take a quick look. PM me with remote access details, if available.
Posted By: PC459 Re: Grandstream 6104 Time - 08/26/17 05:56 AM
I use ntp.ipvideotalk.com
Check Option2
Check Option42

California gmt-8

Under NTP Server

Enable NTP No check in the box

Doesn't sound like your using the Global Policy's or Templates Correct?

What version firmware are you on
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help