atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: walonzo SBX 320 Low co tone - 08/22/08 08:08 PM
Hi guys

we installed our first sbx 320, company wants to try it and see if it’s a
Good systems for our small business costumers.seems to work find but there is
On problem that has baffled me. Line 2 port 2 on the system is very low did the obvious turned up the volume on the phone but line 2 no go.called tech Support who recommended that I go to PRM 400 FEATURE 5 and set to 25 Did all that and also tried different lines,plugged line 1 to port two and got the same responds low dial tone I can barely hear the next person on the other side of the line Checked voltage of the co’s and all were ok .went of hook on my butt set and got good dial tone its not the line because I put line 2 on port 1 and it has good dial tone there’s a ton of co line programming that I am not sure where to begin I programmed the lines in ranges so I know its not a single program that is different. Has anyone had this problem?

WILL
Posted By: Xcountry Re: SBX 320 Low co tone - 08/22/08 08:34 PM
go to nation specific-rx gain-acob top row and turn it up to 20-25. See if that helps.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SBX 320 Low co tone - 08/22/08 08:42 PM
Also change the transmit levels...per tech support some of the revs had the transmit and receive levels reversed in programming interface. :bang:
Posted By: HudsonValleyNY Re: SBX 320 Low co tone - 08/26/08 04:38 PM
I had same issue with volume on the IP320.
I upgraded a couple of months ago to Dd software version that was only in beta at that time.

Raising the volume all the way to maximum setting of 12 is not sufficient in a noisy or open office area.

So, the two adjustments I made that were necessary,

Go to Nation Specific and RX gain, in programming.
Look at DTIB on top and go to where it cross intersects with ACOB on the left panel make it [40]
Look at ACOB on top and go to where it cross intersects with DTIB on the left panel make it [30]

This makes the side tone a little hot but personally I think that the audio quality in general is not good on the IP320. I noticed degradation in the VM/AA audio also after a month.

Good luck with your new product Vertical but I’ll sell the STSe for a little while longer.
Then I think i'll get out of this business while most cutomers are still paying.

smile
Posted By: Horwood Comm. Re: SBX 320 Low co tone - 11/18/10 06:08 AM
Here in Michigan i have installed 6 SBX320 systems. They have replaced Comdial, Intertel, Toshiba, and Avaya systems... In 100% of the cases there were no volume issues on any system that was removed. ALL were using Analog CO's.

IN EVERY INSTANCE, the customers' first complaint is volume issues. I have a 100% dis-satisfaction with volume on the SBX-320.

I have worked with tech support, Complained, replaced KSU's, and have even had to get custom amplified/noise canceling handsets to attempt to please the customer. I have upgraded software, Back-graded to STS phones, All without a solid resolution.

IN MY OPINION.... There is a flaw internally in the KSU with the signal processing related to the analog CO's. If I had problems with just one installation i could blame me or the customer or the lines... BUT ALL 6 LOCATIONS ? Not hardly.

The problem is worst where there is a high background noise. The "Sidetone" is awful.

Mike Sandman at Sandman Enterprises has been helpful. They can supply external amplifiers which help. They can also make a noise canceling handset which will help reduce the background noise, it DOES however lower the sending volume which is sometimes a problem too. Especially if you try to mix handsets on the same system, as there is only one system wide transmit volume setting.

I am going out to the worst customer site this AM to attempt to address these issues AGAIN. The only "Real Fix" I see is to remove the system, and start over. Not a kind thought, as this is "Networked" with two locations, which is real neat feature. So it means pulling TWO systems, not just one. Or I am faced with loosing a 10+ year customer with two locations.

If anyone has any ideas, Before I yank both of these systems and try to cram them down Verticals proverbial throat, I am open to suggestions.

My cell # in the field is (734)320-1690.
Mike Horwood
Horwood Computer & Communication, LLC
Milan, Mi.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help