atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: draynor SBX / fax - 02/06/11 12:18 PM
Where in programming do you assign fax line to co. Also can you assign the last station in EKSU to be the fax machine instead of the last port in main KSU?

Man, this SBX is something.

Thanks David
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX / fax - 02/06/11 05:26 PM
Documentation has it listed in the index under A for Automatic fax detection. Fixed Station Port 17 is the only port you can use. Any Co line can be the fax line.
Posted By: jwooten Re: SBX / fax - 02/07/11 11:30 AM
I went down this road when the SBX first came out but you can now use any station for a fax. There are several places you must and change programming.
Station ATT 2 to designate the fax position and Station ATT 3 make the warm line "hot". Also in Sys Base program Sys ATT you select the CO for fax detection. There are other settings but these should get you going. I run an SBX in my shop and have my fax running as ext-107. My third line is my fax. Detection works pretty good!
Posted By: draynor Re: SBX / fax - 02/07/11 11:32 AM
Forgive me, what am I missing? Physical port 17 is sta 116, first port of expansion cab
Posted By: draynor Re: SBX / fax - 02/07/11 11:43 AM
Thanks JW. This is my first & it is something different. Hopefully I'll have enough time to figure some things out. This forum has been super helpful.

Thanks again
David
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX / fax - 02/07/11 01:32 PM
I think I pulled my info from documentation from an earlier software release...sorry about that.
Posted By: draynor Re: SBX / fax - 02/07/11 02:10 PM
Well I've got another one. No matter what I do in program 113,114,,115, it will not save the info. I've refreshed, updated, it will not save any changes. Trying to off hook preference to a co group. This is really trying me.

David
Posted By: jwooten Re: SBX / fax - 02/07/11 03:31 PM
Look up info on "warm line" settings. That should answer your questions.
Posted By: jwooten Re: SBX / fax - 02/07/11 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Derrick:
I think I pulled my info from documentation from an earlier software release...sorry about that.
No problem... Now if only I could figure out the voicemail :bang:
Posted By: EV607797 Re: SBX / fax - 02/07/11 05:26 PM
Hence the reason that I still refuse to release my grip upon the STSe. It has never let me down, even the voice mail, after many years.

Why must they insist upon fixing something that was never broken?
Posted By: draynor Re: SBX / fax - 02/07/11 08:25 PM
I know what you mean ED. I was kinda forced here because of cordless phone caller ID. I can't even get the phone to accept changes when I try programming from it. Some stuff I had working just quit. I must need to blow it away & start over.

David
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: SBX / fax - 02/08/11 09:25 AM
Originally posted by EV607797:
Hence the reason that I still refuse to release my grip upon the STSe. It has never let me down, even the voice mail, after many years.

Why must they insist upon fixing something that was never broken?
Guess you're going to have to release that grip now Ed. Don't worry, the SBX is a decent system.
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX / fax - 02/08/11 09:50 AM
The SBX is a decent system. The biggest problem I have with it is that I don't know the programming from memory and the documentation is vague compared to the STS documentation. I still suffer from a hugh learning curve.

This system is a fix for the STS, it fixes the STS's lack of Voip capability.
Posted By: GeeRay Re: SBX / fax - 02/08/11 01:08 PM
I have had the SBX since it came out. My tech put it in our office. At first it had so many problems, no volume on speaker phone. Tech Support was not up to speed at the time. It is an impressive piece of equipment now. I put in one Accelerator, ended up replacing it with an XTScIP. Still have the little P.O.S.,they said it was not made to put copper lines on, I should have used SIP.
The STSe is a great little system and I have a lot of them in. Too bad they are going away
Posted By: Birgit Re: SBX / fax - 02/23/11 09:39 AM
I have used PCAdmin to program a small SBX320 system (3.5) with 4 phones and 2 CO lines for a customer. The second CO line is going to a FAX machine configured under station 107. I am able to successfully send faxes from our fax machine to the customer's fax machine. However, evidently not every fax machine is successful at doing so. The customer explains that the phone will ring instead and sometimes they can hear a fax noise and sometimes they hear nothing. Assuming that these are not automated fax machines, I programmed an empty button to transfer these calls manually to the customer's fax. Nevertheless, they are still not getting all their faxes. CO 2 is programmed in hunt.
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX / fax - 02/23/11 10:14 AM
If it isn't a stand alone line and part of a co hunt group, is it possible that incoming faxes are hunting to a different co line and not ringing to the fax line?
Posted By: Birgit Re: SBX / fax - 02/23/11 10:45 AM
I believe this would only happen in a circular hunt. The 2 CO lines are configured in a linear hunt.
Posted By: telephonegunner Re: SBX / fax - 02/23/11 12:29 PM
What I would do is find out who is having problems faxing, get a test set, monitor the line, have them try and send a fax. This would tell you whether the far end is sending cng or if it is some type of timing problem etc. Just my two cents worth.
Posted By: Birgit Re: SBX / fax - 02/24/11 08:52 AM
This seems to be the problem:
Some faxes are not sending a fax signal but are waiting for the receiving fax to send one first. Faxes set up with SBX320 appear to only wait for the sending fax to send the signal. The only way to send a signal is to transfer the incoming fax call to the SBX station that the receiving fax is set up with.
We have to program an empty button on the customers' phones to transfer calls to the fax station (in our case extension 107). Then we have to advise the customer to push this button whenever they get a call with a fax tone or no tone. This is quite awkward.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: SBX / fax - 02/24/11 09:31 AM
The system is working correctly. The only way for the SBX to know if the call is a fax, is for a CNG tone to be present. If the senders machine is not sending the CNG, then it will never work right.

The only work other work around is to program the line to ring directly to the fax machine. Of course this sends all non-fax calls to the machine as well.

It goes without saying, but it is always best to have a dedicated fax line.
Posted By: Birgit Re: SBX / fax - 02/25/11 06:31 AM
Would it work if the fax line was not in hunt and the fax line would ring directly to the fax machine?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: SBX / fax - 02/25/11 08:48 AM
Yes.
Posted By: Birgit Re: SBX / fax - 03/14/11 10:43 AM
Does the fax machine have to be set up under station 107 or could it be any other station?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: SBX / fax - 03/14/11 12:59 PM
If you're programming a line to ring directly to the fax, it can be any extension except 100.
Posted By: jctsphone Re: SBX / fax - 02/21/12 07:13 PM
I have a few questions about the fax detection.
Can you use any port for fax detection? i.e. station 107?

How do you need to set CO to ring? Does it need to ring to do the fax detection, or does the voicemail need to answer immediately for the fax detection to work?

I set fax detection to CO1, in system attrib. I also turn fax mode on in the station attrib for 107, I set the line to ring 2 before AA picked up but my test faxes from the office were never detected...I also set hot line on station 107 so it would grab CO1 immediately and dial out.
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX / fax - 02/22/12 02:10 PM
You can use any hybrid station port. Only one line can be set for fax detection. If it is part of a hunt, fax calls could end up coming in on other lines and they will ring the same as a voice call. The system has to hear the CNG tone in order to ring to the fax station (107), or it will be handled the same as a voice call by the system and ring accordingly.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help