atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dragonfly SBX-Music On Hold (PGM171) - 06/07/11 10:52 AM
Hi guys I have another one,

An odd/quick question with regard to music on hold
I have a customer that has an SBX 3.5 and we opted to use the internal music on hold option. The customer has since decided that they do not want any music on hold. (Moving to messaging on hold eventually)

When I go to the Music (PGM171) via SBX-PCADMIN and change MOH to EXT Music 1 and send the update it appears that the change takes effects. However when I call back into the system and get placed on hold, the internal music is still playing. Do you have to have a cable plugged into PJ1(Red) MOH interface for the setting to take affect? I doubt that is the answer and unfortunately I did not have a cable when I was on site.

The same problem occurs if I set MOH to NOT ASG however?

Is there a dip switch setting or something else that I am missing?

Thanks again
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: SBX-Music On Hold (PGM171) - 06/07/11 01:26 PM
What do you have programmed under CO Line Attributes II (PGM 142) for CO Line MOH?
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX-Music On Hold (PGM171) - 06/07/11 02:59 PM
No dip switch. You can set the co lines for no MOH as well. If this doesn't work...set 171 for not assigned and then reset the control unit.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: SBX-Music On Hold (PGM171) - 06/08/11 02:09 PM
Interesting thought on the CO line attributes. I never even considered that.

I am going to remote into the system tonight and take a look at the settings. I left it at default.

With regard to Derrick's thought, I changed the PGM171 but I never reset the unit as it was during business hours.

I will give both a try and let you know how I made out.

Thanks again guys
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: SBX-Music On Hold (PGM171) - 06/13/11 06:20 AM
nfcphoneman got it right!

The answer is that you have to program under CO Line Attributes II (PGM 142) for each CO Line. i changed each CO line to EXT Music 1 and when they are ready for messaging on hold, I should be all set.

You would have thought that once you change the setting under (PGM 171) that this would have been a global setting.

As always thanks again guys
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help