atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Birgit SBX320 Conferencing - 07/18/11 12:16 PM
Can a caller that initiates a conference back out without ending the conference? If it can be done, how?
Posted By: adteldon Re: SBX320 Conferencing - 07/18/11 01:33 PM
From the SBX-IP user guide:

"You can establish a Conference with up to 15 parties. The other parties in the Conference may
be internal or external.

Dial the desired station number.
(e.g.100)
Station 100 answers the call.

Press the [CONF] button.

Dial the phone number of the next desired station (e.g.104).

Station 104 answers the call.

Press the [CONF] button twice.

A 3-party conference is now established."

I would assume you could substitute an outside number in place of "ext." numbers by selecting a line and dialing an outside number.
If you need to back out of a conversation, I would again, assume you would press conf again and hang up, and conf. again to rejoin, but the user guide isn't that clear about it. Hope this helps
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX320 Conferencing - 07/18/11 08:38 PM
All depends, I mean, if you're calling to one outside party, and then another outside party, and you conference them together, well good bye everyone if you drop out cause there goes your lines. Internally with at least 2 xt's and an outsisde line or w/e combination I would assume that it would keep them active. I can try it out for sure if I have time in the morning.
Posted By: Birgit Re: SBX320 Conferencing - 07/19/11 10:57 AM
Cool, dtcd21, let me know what you were able to find out if you can.
Posted By: aweaver Re: SBX320 Conferencing - 07/19/11 11:47 AM
Yes. Assign a 571 key to all your phones and have users transfer calls to 571 to place them in the conference room. The initiating phone will not be a part of the conference unless they hit the 571 button after the transfer.
Posted By: adteldon Re: SBX320 Conferencing - 07/20/11 09:37 AM
Conference "Room"??? That's a new one to me. It seems like a cool idea. I'll have to try that on my next install.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: SBX320 Conferencing - 07/21/11 07:27 PM
Has anyone figured out on the SBX if I setup a conf. call and have 2 outside parties and myself and I want to drop one of the outside parties how this is done? I do not think it has a drop key etc??
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX320 Conferencing - 07/22/11 09:31 AM
The only way I can think of is you put the whole thing on hold, then retrieve the party you don't want and disconnect them, the take the party you do want off hold.
Posted By: Birgit Re: SBX320 Conferencing - 07/26/11 12:46 PM
So an outside caller that wants to join in the conference room would dial a number such as 111-222-3333-571?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help