atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nonameyet Wave? - 08/17/11 09:28 AM
Anybody know how to pull a database of Ext Numbers in use? Like on a FX? (using pro-comm) ?

I know how to see the exts to ports...But, it doesn't tell you if a Phone is plugged in or not??
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Wave? - 08/17/11 02:07 PM
Report doesn't exist.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Wave? - 08/17/11 02:27 PM
Beautiful mad
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: Wave? - 08/17/11 03:46 PM
It is available..
Diagnostics tab from the main screen -> station monitor -> set the polling to every second
It will show Idle or Offline, and if the phone is unplugged it will say Unplugged. Also shows IP's of ip phones etc.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Wave? - 08/17/11 04:01 PM
Doh! Forgot about that. Got two Waves sitting in front of me..talk about not seeing the forrest for the trees. shocked
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: Wave? - 08/17/11 04:09 PM
Haha it's ok I did the same thing at the office, told my boss you cant a few days ago, and thought this would be a good time to remote in and look for it smile
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Wave? - 08/17/11 04:33 PM
You da man!
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Wave? - 08/18/11 05:05 AM
Thank You !! I was hoping for something like that.
:toast:
Posted By: jwooten Re: Wave? - 08/18/11 02:07 PM
Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
Doh! Forgot about that. Got two Waves sitting in front of me..talk about not seeing the forrest for the trees. shocked
Just attribute that to altitude sickness. San Antonio @ 701ft.... laugh
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Wave? - 08/18/11 02:20 PM
OK, this leads to another question...' *00 ' is a neat function, BUT. there must be some Conversion chart? I was at a site the other day moving some exts around, pressed the star zero zero, got the port and ext, " Thought " ok, it said 37 ext 123, so, I'm thinking it was the 2nd card, 13th port..Nope, I made a big mess...so, Without Logging into the system, HOW ( Why ) does " 37 " Mean anything? ( Like it used to...)
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: Wave? - 08/18/11 04:07 PM
37 is the station to log into viewpoint to link your phone with the program..I never looked into it any deeper than that cause you don't need to haha. No idea how it correlates seems random to me but like I said I never even gave it a 2nd thought.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Wave? - 08/18/11 05:05 PM
Originally posted by dtcd21:
No idea how it correlates seems random to me but like I said I never even gave it a 2nd thought.
Have You ever worked on any " other " Comdial system? It was...a Beautiful thing, One less bag to carry into the job, If You were just moving a few phones.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Wave? - 08/18/11 05:12 PM
The numbers correlate to the order that the sets were programmed in the installation process...keep in mind the on board analog ports get a number assigned to them. IE the first set programmed on a 500 would be station 3 as the first two analogs would be 1 and 2.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Wave? - 08/18/11 05:31 PM
Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
The numbers correlate to the order that the sets were programmed in the installation process...keep in mind the on board analog ports get a number assigned to them. IE the first set programmed on a 500 would be station 3 as the first two analogs would be 1 and 2.
So, It really is Useless... :confused:
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Wave? - 08/18/11 07:42 PM
It's what guides the Viewpoint Apps....take it for what it is. If ya work on these you're definitely going to have to have a laptop/PC link to see what's really going on. Think of it as a trunker deterent.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: Wave? - 08/18/11 07:54 PM
Originally posted by nonameyet:
Originally posted by dtcd21:
[b] No idea how it correlates seems random to me but like I said I never even gave it a 2nd thought.
Have You ever worked on any " other " Comdial system? It was...a Beautiful thing, One less bag to carry into the job, If You were just moving a few phones. [/b]
Yup, walk in swap around on the block, leave in 15 mins haha. Like fishing said, a laptop, or an empty computer on each site is gonna be your friend with the wave, because as things change slot/port numbers get fudged around and whatever else. The station ID isn't useless because it connects VP to your actual phone for recording greetings playing mssgs etc.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help