atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguy10 8 button SBX Phones - 08/17/11 05:15 PM
We just installed our first 8 button SBX phones, never laid eyes on one before, always used the 24 button sets but the customer was insistent on the smaller phone (smaller dollars but not much). I was astounded to find out that these phones do not have dual colored LED's (green and red). How in the world can you remember which call you put on hold at your desk if you dont remember the line you are on? I have to say that I do not ever recall seeing this. How much more could a dual colored LED cost in manufacture?
Posted By: Z-man Re: 8 button SBX Phones - 08/17/11 05:17 PM
I think these were designed for low use and courtesy type phones.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: 8 button SBX Phones - 08/17/11 05:46 PM
Turn the hold timers on? 8 button phones are worthless, we put a ton in when we did waves for a food chain but that's about it.
Posted By: Derrick Re: 8 button SBX Phones - 08/17/11 06:37 PM
I can't stand the 8 button phones and refuse to sell one on the SBX. I wish I had not sold them for the XTS except if they were hanging on the wall in a break room or something. They just mess things up especially when programming a range of extensions and an 8 button is in the middle somewhere. They also cause problems when customers start swapping phones around.
Posted By: MnDave Re: 8 button SBX Phones - 08/17/11 06:42 PM
I learned about the absence of green LEDs the hard way. A customer had me install 20 of the phones because they were smaller and appeared simpler to use. Ease of use was paramount and not having green buttons forced me to do a song and dance routine. They finally opted to use exclusive hold more often than not. That helped considerably. Exclusive hold really does cut down on the confusion!

If I remember correctly too, it may be the XTS 30 button phone that has 6 buttons that do not have green LEDs either. Just weird.
Posted By: Derrick Re: 8 button SBX Phones - 08/17/11 06:46 PM
The SBX 24 button has triple leds, orange green and red. So the 8 button phones really do come up short.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: 8 button SBX Phones - 08/17/11 07:24 PM
You are correct, Dave. The bottom six buttons on the 30 button sets only light red. The same applies for the bottom eight buttons on their DSS consoles.
Posted By: Z-man Re: 8 button SBX Phones - 08/18/11 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Derrick:
I can't stand the 8 button phones and refuse to sell one on the SBX. I wish I had not sold them for the XTS except if they were hanging on the wall in a break room or something. They just mess things up especially when programming a range of extensions and an 8 button is in the middle somewhere. They also cause problems when customers start swapping phones around.
Yes..I learned that the hard way! Dont have an 8 button set in the middle of a bunch of 24 button sets! The whole button copy on the MBX and SBX comes up short. I wish they could do like the IP office and creat templates that can be applied to phones.
Posted By: phoneguy10 Re: 8 button SBX Phones - 08/18/11 08:55 AM
So much for the 8 button phones. What happens when you put it on I hold and what does it do differently to differentiate between calls holding on the system? Thanks
Posted By: MnDave Re: 8 button SBX Phones - 08/18/11 10:00 AM
"I Hold" flashes at a different rate and then only at the station that put it on "I Hold". All other phones see a steady lamp.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help