atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jeff Wynn Recording CCR prompts and messages on VMIB - 09/08/11 01:31 PM
Greetings,

I am very much a noob at VoIP systems. Our managed services company is responding to requests that we install and maintain their systems as well as other IT infrastructure.

Accordingly, we went through the MBX training and purchased a NFR system. We're makinging progress getting the system installed, but I cannot figure out how to record messages to the VMIB from my VoIP Edge 8000 phone.

Our setup is this: Four IP phones, 3 of which are leftover IP 7008D models from our local cabling partner. So, I can't seem to get any of our phones to be station 100 (we have nothing plugged into the DTX ports on our board, and non of our phones work there when plugged in). I am admin on my station (144), but when I try to do Trans/PGM, then press 06, the phone just beeps at me. I am not prompted for any recordings.

I am enabled on Administrator Mailbox (PGM 145)

Vertical support says I must actually have a digital phone rather than IP phone, which I do not have.

I also cannot upload .wav files directly to the VMIB, as no software I can see allows recording or converting into the correct a-law .wav format.

I would appreciate any assistance anybody would offer.

Thanks!
Jeff
You really need at least one digital phone to be able to maintain the system. It can be an SBX phone which is pretty inexpensive or any Vodavi legacy phone like the tr9015 or any newer one like the Edge 700 or the 3015 phone.
Hi Derrick,

Thanks for the reply! I'll scour around for a phone today.

Jeff
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help