atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bld76 SBX 616 - 09/16/11 06:19 PM
I just bout a 616 from a liquidation sail, and have a sale for a 308 base line price, if 9i remove the expation card and the voicmail card and press the reset button ( assuming after powered up ) will i be screwing up any software for those features that may be needed later on, or will I be able to just reenstall them and reconfigure?

any help would be great
Posted By: nonameyet Re: SBX 616 - 09/16/11 07:42 PM
pressing the reset , Probably won't wipe it, you need to Reinitialize it...
Posted By: EV607797 Re: SBX 616 - 09/16/11 07:59 PM
Oh my. I'm not sure how to respond. I wish that I could help, but I'm not sure that I understand the OP.
Posted By: billyho Re: SBX 616 - 09/16/11 09:12 PM
Pull the cards, remove the metal stand-off, set the battery switch to off and switch 4 off. Make sure to disconnect the power cord so the batteries drain. plug it all in again after a minute or so and it should be defaulted to a base 308 cabinet. Make sure to upgrade to the latest software.

You may want to upgrade to the latest software before defaulting it and removing the VM and expansion card. The voicemails act really weird if they're plugged into a system with a different software rev. I had that happen to me today.
Posted By: bld76 Re: SBX 616 - 09/17/11 07:58 AM
billyho

the #4 switch was alreadfy in the off position, and do i turn the battery switch back on? this system was running on AC power, what does the battery switch actually control?
Posted By: bld76 Re: SBX 616 - 09/17/11 10:23 AM
tried what you said billyho now on sta 1 I only get battery no dial tone. Is this common?

thanks
Brad
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX 616 - 09/17/11 12:51 PM
You have switch four in the wrong position with the battery off. Throw switch 4 to off, make sure all the others are on, reset the system and once you have dialtone, time and date, move switch 4 to on and turn the battery on. Reset it again. You should be good.
Posted By: bld76 Re: SBX 616 - 09/17/11 01:53 PM
Derrick

Thanks That worked. the thing is is it was set to #4 off and battery on per billyho all I did was turn off battery, and power it back up. That is when it lost dial tone. after putting switch#4 on and battery on it works.

Thanks
Brad
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help