atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cctech Cordless phone on SBX IP - 09/22/11 05:52 PM
I am trying to put a V10000 cordless phone on a SBX IP system an cannot seem to get the cordless to sync up with the system. I plugged the base unit into a working jack but it does not link. Is there some programming that has to be done to a port in order for the cordless to work..

Thanks
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Cordless phone on SBX IP - 09/22/11 05:55 PM
Are you using the first pair of the jack? wink
Posted By: cctech Re: Cordless phone on SBX IP - 09/22/11 06:30 PM
I have tried it with one pair and two pairs and still it does not link. I plug a regular phone in the jack and it works fine. So I know the port is good. Should you be able to plug the phone in out of the box and have it link up.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Cordless phone on SBX IP - 09/22/11 07:02 PM
Take your white orange pair and put it on the points of the jack where the white blue are currently.
Posted By: cctech Re: Cordless phone on SBX IP - 09/22/11 08:12 PM
So then the pairs are reversed. Is the phone run on the second pair.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Cordless phone on SBX IP - 09/23/11 04:46 AM
The SBX phones use the second pair. The V10000 works on several different systems and uses the first pair. As RBF said, you need to take second pair (actually the outer pins) from the SBX and wire it to the first pair on the V10000.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Cordless phone on SBX IP - 09/23/11 09:06 AM
Am I missing something here? The digital set works on the second pair. He's trying to get an analog phone to work,he should use the first pair. Right? Just take your butt set and check the white/blue pair for intercom dial tone, or plug the cordless phone directly into a port on the side of the ksu. If you dont have it, the jack may not have the 1st pair connected at all at the ksu. Not trying to confuse anybody, i don't see how moving the orange pair to the center pins will give you analog dial tone.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Cordless phone on SBX IP - 09/23/11 09:48 AM
The OP's first sentence states that he's trying to connect a V10000 phone which uses a digital station port.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Cordless phone on SBX IP - 09/23/11 11:41 AM
Sorry, thought it was an analog unit.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cordless phone on SBX IP - 10/05/11 06:00 AM
If this was easy then just about anybody could be a "phone guy"
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help