atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel offnet xfer on sts - 10/04/11 09:21 PM
i have a customer with an sts system the first generation. he wants to be able to transfer calls to cell phones. is there any way to do that. i know it can forward to a cell but he wants to transfer at will. if not will the sbx. thanks dave
Posted By: Anonymous Re: offnet xfer on sts - 10/05/11 06:04 AM
Off net transfers on the STS can be done by pushing the "flash" key, dialing the phone number and hanging up. The only requirement is call transfer from your service provider. You can also do an unsupervised conference, push the "conf" key get an outside line and dial a telephone number then push the confrence key again. Both line keys will be lite green and the conf key will be blinking. When one of the outside partys hangup the line and conf keys will go out.
Posted By: Ted Re: offnet xfer on sts - 10/05/11 05:48 PM
I think I used to take a phone and tie it to an ext. that wasn't being used and then set that ext to cfwd off net. Then take the phone and put it back where it came from. Program a button for the phantom ext. and when a call came in for the cell phone just transfer to that ext. But I'm getting old. I know you can do that with the single line ports, but I don't know how many cell phones you need to transfer to.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: offnet xfer on sts - 10/05/11 06:11 PM
Why not just hit the TRANS button and dial 9+ the number of the forwarding destination? Granted, this will tie up two lines in a conference call with the typical line loss volume issues, but it seems pretty simple to me. Be sure to adjust the unsupervised conference timer beyond the factory default if necessary and everyone will be happy.

Oh, and make sure that the telco is sending loop supervision disconnect on abandoned calls.
Posted By: davetel Re: offnet xfer on sts - 10/05/11 11:09 PM
good ideas! thank you. dave
Posted By: Anonymous Re: offnet xfer on sts - 10/06/11 07:48 AM
If you need to transfer a lot of calls to the same outside number program a speed dial number and put it on a key. Then you would just push transfer and the speed dial key.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help