atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jimmy29 sbx rebooting itself - 11/02/11 09:37 AM
I Installed an sbx with expansion cabinet in august. Customer reports system going dead. This happened to me while i was programming, but it boots right back up. This happens frequently but i cant make it happen. I have moved from battery back up to power strip to wall outlet, still same. Other equipment on same outlet not having problem. Tech support said they cant do anything unless i can prove what it is. Anybody have ideas?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/02/11 09:54 AM
Sounds like a bad KSU. I would swap it out.
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/02/11 09:57 AM
Double check your cable connection between the two cabinets. If the amp backs out of the slot the least little bit...both boxes will reboot or go dead. I know first hand.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/02/11 03:21 PM
run an extension cord around to another outlet too and let it go for a few hours see what happens
Posted By: jimmy29 Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/04/11 04:06 PM
Well i went to site yesterday and base cabinet amp plug was a little up on 1 side going to expansion. Pushed down and secured,let customer know what i found and have not heard back from them. We'll see.
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/04/11 05:21 PM
There is a tie wrap slot on the amp connections. They really are needed.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/05/11 04:48 AM
I will be installing my first expansion cabinet in the next few weeks, I was wondering about the connection, is there a limit to the length of the cable? Is it standard wiring ( male to male ) and also maybe, I could use the metal clips that lock in the amphenol ? ( might be a bear getting to them )
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/05/11 05:05 AM
I can't answer the standard wiring for sure...but I doubt that it is. I would just stick to the factory cable and not try to use something different. You don't need the metal clips. Screws and inserts come with the cable and there are tie wrap slots as well. You can make the connections nice and snug, its a just a pain to do so after they are hanging on the wall. There isn't much space between the two units for one's hands. When they are on a shelf its much simpler.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/05/11 05:57 AM
Originally posted by jimmy29:
Well i went to site yesterday and base cabinet amp plug was a little up on 1 side going to expansion.
Sounds like Derrick made a good call! Hope that it continues to work without problems.
Posted By: MnDave Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/06/11 11:57 AM
is there a limit to the length of the cable?
I would just stick to the factory cable
I concur. The supplied cable is a bus expander. I have created unnecessary problems on other systems by switching to cables that were different lengths.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/07/11 01:16 PM
Just wondering about that cable, also, I don't see any way of Ty-wraping it?
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx rebooting itself - 11/07/11 04:15 PM
There is a plastic slot on top at the far left side of the KSU when looking at it from the front. It is about three inches from the end of the amp connector.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help