atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel sbx sta lights in ringing - 05/03/12 09:54 PM
hello guys. my customer had an stse go bad and i replaced it with an sbx. trouble is calls at stations light the lights of every ext that rings. all their phones ring so they got dss lights lit all over when a call comes in. is there a way to stop the dss lights from flashing when a call comes it. i should mention they are using sts sets and i did move the buttons to appear in origional sts locations. line one is on button 13. thanks dave
Posted By: nonameyet Re: sbx sta lights in ringing - 05/04/12 04:11 AM
there is, but, I can't remember at the moment..how to turn it off.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: sbx sta lights in ringing - 05/04/12 07:38 AM
I don't have one in front of me now but I seem to remember it being under system attributes...look for LED status indicator.
Posted By: jctsphone Re: sbx sta lights in ringing - 05/04/12 08:25 AM
I believe it is system attributes II then look for "No DSS Indication"
Posted By: EV607797 Re: sbx sta lights in ringing - 05/04/12 09:07 AM
It is PGM 161, button 18, but the wording is confusing to me. It implies that this will also affect the flashing of CO line buttons if I'm reading it correctly:

"If this value is set to ENABLE, the
LED indication of the {CO} or {DSS}
button is blocked (ex., LED does not
flash even if there is an incoming call to
the assigned CO Line or Station). This
feature does not apply for direct calls
such as DID/DISA."

Because this is a system-wide setting, and if I am correct about the CO lines, then I can't understand why anyone would want this.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: sbx sta lights in ringing - 05/04/12 09:41 AM
It only affects the DSS/BLF appearances on the telephone sets really. If you don't have it turned on then every ringing telephone will flash on your set...quite a fireworks show when you have all phones ringing. We turn LED indication off on all systems as it is pretty confusing to the end users.
Posted By: davetel Re: sbx sta lights in ringing - 05/04/12 10:34 PM
yes 161 was right and it was written in the manual like it would stop the co line from lighting too but when i tried it the dss buttons didnt flash but the co line did. sometimes i wonder what they were thinking when the write parts of these manuals. thanks for the help. dave
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help