atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ted SBX-IP switch hook problem - 08/16/12 09:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has had any issue with the switch hooks on the 24 button SBX phones. I have two from one site. They work OK, but every now and then they act like the spring gets tired on the way up. Customer complains about not connecting with callers, can't hear and etc. Found the problem just by pushing the plunger down about four times in a row. At least it's not like the old STS phones with the broken switch hooks. lol
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 08/16/12 11:11 PM
Yep ...seen it also. Must be a bad run of sets.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 08/16/12 11:33 PM
I am hoping that this is just a bad batch and not the main weakness of the sbx phone sets. I have encountered several issues concerning this though I haven't tried pressing the plunger 4 times in a row. By the way, we sent 3 phones that were purchased/installed way back 2010 with related problems like disconnecting lines and Aztec says they all repaired or replaced the plungers. Thanks. sonny

Posted By: Ted Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 08/17/12 12:53 AM
These were installed March 2012. The phones with the problem are the ones that answer the majority of the calls. Busy location. Twenty phones. No one else is complaining.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 08/17/12 01:10 AM
Been installing SBXs since day 1....didn't see this issue until about 6 months ago. Most of them can be temporarily fixed by pushing the hookswitch down and let it fly back up full force. Its only a temp fix and affects very few sets that we have seen...Less than 10 out ~ 350 sets.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 08/19/12 11:20 PM
Yup had this happen a few months ago with maybe 3 phones out of over 500. Just switch the phone and send the other back for warranty.
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 08/20/12 12:41 PM
I replaced one last week with the same problem.
Posted By: Ted Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 08/22/12 03:05 AM
dtcd21 "Yup had this happen a few months ago with maybe 3 phones out of over 500."
Dude, that's a lot of phones. Wish I had the mark up! lol
tk
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 12/05/12 10:47 PM
Bump...we are seeing a lot more. Anyone else?
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 12/06/12 03:11 AM
Hey Dave. Yes I am. Also starting to see it on the 700 series as well. Its a pain
Posted By: EV607797 Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 12/06/12 03:12 AM
No problems here at all. I may have encountered one, but was never able to re-create it and had to take the customer's word. I replaced the phone and we now just use it as a bench test dummy.
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 12/06/12 12:13 PM
I had a problem with one phone and it was very intermittent. I replaced the phone.
Posted By: scott leming Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 12/06/12 03:05 PM
We have had this problem on several sbx sets and 1 700 set. I called Vertical RMA dept. They said they were aware of the issue and have told the manufacturer.
Posted By: MnDave Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 12/06/12 06:56 PM
What S/N range & Rev levels are we talking about?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 12/06/12 10:37 PM
I've pulled ~18 sets or so lately for the issue. Don't have the rev of the set but all KSUs were 3.5an or greater.
Posted By: phoneguy10 Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 12/07/12 01:06 PM
Have had the same problem over the past year or so on a bunch of the 7024 sets. Send em up to Aztec but its a pain in the neck. Not near the quality of the Vodavi 3000 series phones.
Posted By: Tom N Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 12/07/12 08:50 PM
I have sent back 3 of them for this same problem. One of them was an install last Thursday. For that particular install I also had to send back the KSU. It was dead out of the box.
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: SBX-IP switch hook problem - 12/11/12 05:51 PM
I have run into my first experience with this. 2 phone in an installation of 30. My problem is, it is the same location that I am having trouble with my DSS console that I have discussed in anothe thread.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help