atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dragonfly SBX 320 Version 3.5 (Voicemail pickup) - 10/19/12 07:13 PM
Greetings folks,

I was asked the following questions from a customer that use to have an Avaya Partner ACS that I replaced with the SBX.

They tell me that they use to be able to pick up calls that went into voicemail. Does anyone know if this is even possible on the SBX and if so how to configure?

I was also asked whether you can delete all of the date and time stuff in between each voicemail message. Need to understand this one more myself.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: CMM Re: SBX 320 Version 3.5 (Voicemail pickup) - 10/22/12 12:19 PM
To answer your second question first, you can turn off the message preamble under STA ATTRIB III in PCADMIN. It is labeled as VMIB MSG DD/TM.

As far as picking up callers out of voicemail, I'd have to test it on my bench to confirm, but IF it possible you would need a 24 button phone, watch the LCD display while the caller is leaving a message and press the softkey for Listen/Pickup. You may need to use the nav circle to the right in order to see those options.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: SBX 320 Version 3.5 (Voicemail pickup) - 11/07/12 02:14 PM
Thanks for the post.
As you can see I have been MIA with a backlog of things.

With regard to the picking up callers out of voicemail, all users have 24-buton phones. By chance did you test that on the bench?
I just built my bench system up myself, but am not as proficient in the system as yourself.
I thought picking up out of voicemail was a bit odd, but apparently the users want it. If nothing else you would think it would be better to adjust the ring cycle.
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX 320 Version 3.5 (Voicemail pickup) - 11/07/12 05:47 PM
Check the 3.5 user guide for the option "Call Screening" which lets users listen to a message as it is being left. You can pick up the caller using the same button that activates the feature.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: SBX 320 Version 3.5 (Voicemail pickup) - 11/07/12 06:21 PM
I will give it a try. Thanks!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help