atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguy10 Remote admin via IP - 12/07/12 01:10 PM
We have been installing the SBX for a couple of years but have been using the modem cards which have been lousy. Going to try and use an IP address on the one we just did. Can anyone out there give me a concise protocol so we can get into the system remotely using IP? Thanks.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Remote admin via IP - 12/07/12 04:53 PM
Just forward the ports on the router to the SBX IP address. I believe there is a document on V-connect that tells you which ports are used.

Another option is to load the Admin software on one of the customer's PCs. You can use TeamViewer or another such service when you need to make changes.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: Remote admin via IP - 12/27/12 12:31 PM
The document on V-Connect is under FAQ section
SBXFAQ200803-12a

Esstentially you need to open the following ports on the customers firewall
5103 TCP/UDP (PC Admin KSU programming)
23 TCP/UDP (PC Admin remote diagnostics and trace)
5002 TCp/UDP & 9777 TCP/UDP (PC Admin Upload/Download & Sofware Upgrade)
Note they are separate ports and not ranges

This is using port forwarding, so you will need to know the customers public facing I.P address
Posted By: phoneguy10 Re: Remote admin via IP - 12/28/12 11:53 AM
I am assuming that you have to change the default ip address on the SBX to another. The default of 192.168.1.1 is the router address for a lot of them out there.
Posted By: oobie Re: Remote admin via IP - 12/28/12 03:37 PM
yes you will need to change the IP address to something on their subnet that is not being used. If they have and IT person or company get them to give you one out of the range of their DHCP range and then have them forward the port from above to that IP address.
Posted By: Ted Re: Remote admin via IP - 07/10/13 04:24 AM
I know this is an older thread, but I have a question. I had my IT guy forward 5103 to my SBX. I go in to SBX admin from my office and type in the public IP address along with the forwarded port. Example 72.123.1.48:5103. Pc admin says (check data site IP). It seems to not like the extra port info. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any help.
ted
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Remote admin via IP - 07/10/13 06:20 PM
You don't need to input the port number in SBX admin. If the IT guy properly forwarded the port, you'll just enter 72.123.1.48.
Posted By: Ted Re: Remote admin via IP - 07/11/13 12:36 AM
Thank you for the reply. That worked perfect.
ted
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help