atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Happy_day sbx ip network paging - 04/22/13 09:43 PM
is there anyone know about network paging.
I made networking two systems and my customer want to page all or external paging from networked system.

Is it possible and how should I do?
I understand network numbering plan but I don't understand flexible DID.

Thank you for your helping
Posted By: CMM Re: sbx ip network paging - 04/23/13 12:04 PM
As best as I know internal all call paging does not work across SIP networking at the moment. External paging MAY work if you have an analog extension wired to a Viking PA-2A or similar device at the remote site and you dial/DSS that analog extension from the local site.

Flexible DID shouldn't play any part in it, just make sure the numbering plan is different for each site.
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx ip network paging - 04/23/13 12:43 PM
Internal and External paging both work across a network with the SBX but you cannot page both sites at the same time. In other words you can page from one site to another with the use of a net number and a matching did number pointed to paging at the receiving system. Example create a net number 7543 on site A, Route DID 543 at site B to internal paging (all call). When site a dials 7543 they will be paging site b. Do the reverse to page in the opposite direction.
Posted By: CMM Re: sbx ip network paging - 04/23/13 12:44 PM
Learn something new every day, I stand corrected. Nice, will have to keep that in mind.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help